moderated Jaws Error;

david

Good afternoon;

from out of nowhere I'm now receiving the following jaws error.

when I boot my computer, or, when I use hotkey to start either jaws 18 or 2018.

The Freedom Scientific Accessibility  Display Driver is not properly installed.

so, I did a repair,

doing the following;

find the executable, copy as path, add a space, and type in: \typerepair.

so the line looks like,

"C:\Users\owner\Downloads\J2018.1805.33.400-enu-x64.exe" \TypeRepair

the repair actually starts, then a few minutes in I receive, unable to complete repair, repair failed.

then I did a uninstall reinstall, still the same result.

has anyone  a suggestion?

       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Mario

the back slash type repair, I think, should be a slash type repair.

from out of nowhere I'm now receiving the following jaws error.

when I boot my computer, or, when I use hotkey to start either jaws 18
or 2018.

The Freedom Scientific Accessibility  Display Driver is not properly
installed.

so, I did a repair,

doing the following;

find the executable, copy as path, add a space, and type in: \typerepair.

so the line looks like,

"C:\Users\owner\Downloads\J2018.1805.33.400-enu-x64.exe" \TypeRepair

the repair actually starts, then a few minutes in I receive, unable to
complete repair, repair failed.

then I did a uninstall reinstall, still the same result.

has anyone  a suggestion?

*/       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital./*

david

hello;
your absolutely right, it is a slash, this is what I used, for some reason I
typed in a backslash in the message.
my bad.

[...]

the way that I perform a repair is to enter on the installer and
activate the repair button twice. is that not recommended anymore?

and if not, is there a difference between doing it this way as opposed
to manually performing a repair? anyone know?

[...]

.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Yes. I would call the Microsoft Disability Services number.

800-936-5900

The reason I recommend this is that they have a microsoft tool which will remove the offending file. It is something like proxywow or something like that. They had to do the same with mine, and the repair would not proceed until this was done.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

from out of nowhere I'm now receiving the following jaws error.

when I boot my computer, or, when I use hotkey to start either jaws 18 or 2018.

The Freedom Scientific Accessibility  Display Driver is not properly installed.

so, I did a repair,

doing the following;

find the executable, copy as path, add a space, and type in: \typerepair.

so the line looks like,

"C:\Users\owner\Downloads\J2018.1805.33.400-enu-x64.exe" \TypeRepair

the repair actually starts, then a few minutes in I receive, unable to complete repair, repair failed.

then I did a uninstall reinstall, still the same result.

has anyone  a suggestion?

       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Shan Noyes

As far as I know the process for doing a repair works fine started up the installer and the first button you get his repair select it and it runs properly