Topics

moderated JAWS 18 and Firefox 60?

James Homuth

I'm aware 2018 works with the latest Firefox, but I'm not there yet. How does 18 work with it at present? I'm switching over to 18 full-time until I can get my hands on 2018.

Richard Turner

18 will not work with Firefox 60.  Use the ESR 52.5 or 52.6 version until you get Jaws 2018 with the May update.

Richard

I'm aware 2018 works with the latest Firefox, but I'm not there yet. How does 18 work with it at present? I'm switching over to 18 full-time until I can get my hands on 2018.

Mario

I believe 2018 is tuned to work with FF 60 well. 18 or earlier isn't
going to cut it.

I'm aware 2018 works with the latest Firefox, but I'm not there yet. How
does 18 work with it at present? I'm switching over to 18 full-time
until I can get my hands on 2018.

Depending on how much browsing you do you can always download the latest update of Jaws 2018 and use it in demo mode with Firefox 60, it runs for 40 minutes at a time which is actually quite a bit of time.

I believe 2018 is tuned to work with FF 60 well. 18 or earlier isn't going to cut it.

I'm aware 2018 works with the latest Firefox, but I'm not there yet. How
does 18 work with it at present? I'm switching over to 18 full-time
until I can get my hands on 2018.

James Homuth

Yeah that'd be less than ideal. I'm in and out of all 3 browsers regularly
(IE, FF and Chrome) when at work. Thanks, though. Current Chrome,
semi-current IE and not quite there FF it is until my geek payday.

Depending on how much browsing you do you can always download the latest
update of Jaws 2018 and use it in demo mode with Firefox 60, it runs for 40
minutes at a time which is actually quite a bit of time.

I believe 2018 is tuned to work with FF 60 well. 18 or earlier isn't going
to cut it.

I'm aware 2018 works with the latest Firefox, but I'm not there yet. How
does 18 work with it at present? I'm switching over to 18 full-time until I
can get my hands on 2018.

Cristóbal

I’m dealing with a bug where on certain pages, clicking on text either doesn’t react or instead of activating by showing relevant information elsewhere on the page, it shows something else. I believe the correct techy term is clickable text or text with a registered click handler.

Anyway, aside from this particular issue, I’m finding the over all JFW/Firefox experience to be a solid one.

I'm aware 2018 works with the latest Firefox, but I'm not there yet. How does 18 work with it at present? I'm switching over to 18 full-time until I can get my hands on 2018.

Cristóbal

To clarify, I am refering to the latest JFW 2018 and Firefox 60. As has been previously noted, JFW 18 and FF 60 isnt’ going to work.