sending to multiple addresses in outlook 2010

Drew Hunthausen

Dear list,

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

judith bron

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Drew Hunthausen

Thanks for this, but I should have been a little more specific. I want to
know how to send to multiple addresses like you are talking about here but
all the addresses are already in my address book. What are the steps for
going back and forth for adding the numerous addresses into the "to" field.
Thanks so much!

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

You can also create groups (or contact lists, as they are more properly known), but I've never had an occasion to do that under later editions of Outlook.

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

judith bron

When I address an email Jaws speaks the name of the recipient soon after I
begin typing their name. For example if I type "JO" chances are pretty good
Jaws whill say John. If John is the contact that I want I might type in one
more letter before I type in the ;. If I want "Joan" instead I'll type in
an a after the o. I hope I'm reading you correctly.

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Drew Hunthausen

Okay thanks. I'll play around with it some more. I think the problem I'm
having with this method is that I don't always remember exactly how a
contact is listed. thanks

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Adrian Spratt

Drew,

You can enter as many addresses in the "to," "cc" and "bcc" fields as you like. Assuming you have Outlook 2010 set up to autofill addresses, once you start typing a person's name, there's a good chance Outlook will find the whole address in your contacts list and offer to complete it. Listen carefully as you type.

Naturally, you'll have contacts who share first names. For example, I have several friends named Michael. There's one I'm in touch with almost every day, and Outlook immediately recognizes his address and offers to complete it for me. If that's the contact I want, I press enter to accept. If it isn't, I keep typing "Michael," press spacebar, then start in on the last name of the Michael I want to email. Once Outlook verbalizes his contact info, I press enter.

Separate contacts simply by pressing the comma key, or as Judith suggests, a semicolon. Outlook will display the separation with a semicolon.

On my system, Outlook 2010 won't let me read an address in the "To," "cc," etc., fields letter by letter, so try to get each address right as you type.

I can't resist an etiquette note. Most people like to keep their email addresses private. When I'm sending an email to numerous people, I put their addresses in the bc field. That way, I give away no private information. The one drawback is that Outlook doesn't preserve the addresses I used in the bcc field, so I might wonder afterwards if I missed anyone but can't double-check. If that's a cause of concern, keep a note somewhere of the people contacted.

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Louise Johnson <herclouise@...>

Hi if you don't know how someone is in the address book do this. Alt period
you can hit the letter you think it starts with and then down arrow or up
arrow to find the person and then hit entre twice then check with Jaws key
and tab to see if it is there and you can redew or just type in the next
person by using there name. I put first names in my address book and that
makes it easier.
Louise and princess Kiara

Okay thanks. I'll play around with it some more. I think the problem I'm
having with this method is that I don't always remember exactly how a
contact is listed. thanks

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Onwardbob

Wow, thank you Louise

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Okay thanks. I'll play around with it some more. I think the problem I'm
having with this method is that I don't always remember exactly how a
contact is listed. thanks

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

When in Outlook, from whichever address field you are in, simply hit
Alt-period. Your list should come up. If search comes up, you need to
Shift-Tab, then Arrow up, then Right Arrow to the list. You go through
the list, and when you want to include a name hit Enter. When you have
completed, you hit Enter twice. Remember not to first-letter navigate;
use the Arrow Keys.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give
me instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Drew Hunthausen

Thanks so much!! I'm going to reorganize my address book at sometime to make
it easier as well.

Okay thanks. I'll play around with it some more. I think the problem I'm
having with this method is that I don't always remember exactly how a
contact is listed. thanks

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Let me know if you want instructions for distribution list in Outlook.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

You can also create groups (or contact lists, as they are more properly
known), but I've never had an occasion to do that under later editions of
Outlook.

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ;
and type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names
as you want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

That's called Auto Complete, and if you don't have it, there is a setting
somewhere, I believe in there in Alt-H-T-M; there are worlds and worlds
of choices in those settings for quite a few tasks and settings.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ;
and type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names
as you want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give
me instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Drew Hunthausen

If you could give me that info as well I'd really appreciate it. thanks

[...]

Ok, Ruben:

1. Open Outlook.
2. Control-3 for Contacts.
3. Control-Shift-L for List.
4. Name group.
5. Alt-H-M-C.
6.Arrow to select from contacts.
7. Enter to open dialog box.
8. Up/Down Arrow to select contact names.
9. Enter on desired name to select members.
10. Tab to OK and Spacebar to save.
11. Alt-H-A-V to save and close.
12. Enter.

If you would like a tutorial I have on Outlook that is about 10 pages,
please request it offline:

4carolyna@windstream.net

Hope this helps.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

If you could give me that info as well I'd really appreciate it. thanks

Let me know if you want instructions for distribution list in Outlook.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

You can also create groups (or contact lists, as they are more properly
known), but I've never had an occasion to do that under later editions of
Outlook.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give
me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Louise Johnson <herclouise@...>

You are welcome just remember you can add your addresses to your book with
clues to each person. I have three johns in the address book and two with
the last same name so if you want use something to get them so you know when
typing in name one use a middle letter. Louise and princess Kiara

Okay thanks. I'll play around with it some more. I think the problem I'm
having with this method is that I don't always remember exactly how a
contact is listed. thanks

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ; and
type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names as you
want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give me
instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Thanks, Carolyn, it couldn't hurt. Sorry for the tardy reply, I was unexpectedly sidelined all last week.

Ted

Let me know if you want instructions for distribution list in Outlook.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

You can also create groups (or contact lists, as they are more properly
known), but I've never had an occasion to do that under later editions of
Outlook.

In the CC or BCC field type in the name of the recipient followed by a ;
and type the name of the next recipient. Do the same for as many names
as you want.

I've done it before a long time ago, but am wondering if someone can give
me instructions for the process of sending a message to multiple e-mail
addresses in outlook 2010. I'm using the latest build of Jaws 16 though
should be getting my 17 cd very soon so might be upgrading. Any help is
greatly appreciated. thanks

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

I have tried to create a dizstribution list in Outlook 2016 and Windows 10,
but I am finding I can't read it, so I would love help with this problem.
Cindy

[...]

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello Cindy,
The following instructions are predicated on the individual contacts you
want to enter into the list are already incorporated into your contacts;
Create a contact list
1. Press Control shift L to open the dialog
2. Enter a name into the group name edit box and press enter.
3. A search edit box should come up.
4. enter the name of a group member in the search edit field.
5. You may need to arrow down through the list of names that comes up. Press
enter on the correct name.
6. enter the next name in the search edit box, and continue the process
until you have filled your list.
7. Tab to okay, and press enter.
Cheers Kevin.