Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Brad Martin

I'm being notified daily that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available for me to download. I currently have Adobe Reader XI (11). Adobe Reader is critical to my work, so before I risk wrecking something that works fine for something that doesn't work at all, is there anything I should know about Acrobat Reader DC that makes it different from Adobe Reader, or is it just a new name for the same old product? If it makes a difference, I'm using JAWS 15 on Windows 7 64-bit at home and at the office.

Thanks,
Brad

--
Brad Martin

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Brad,

If you want to give this newer version a try, below is a download link for
Adobe XI so you can reinstall it if you don't like Reader DC. I haven't
used Reader DC enough to give you an honest opinion. Please let me know
that you got it downloaded so I can remove it from my Dropbox account.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2471715/AdbeRdr11010_en_US.zip

HTH
Take care.
Mike

I'm being notified daily that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available for
me to download. I currently have Adobe Reader XI (11). Adobe Reader is
critical to my work, so before I risk wrecking something that works fine
for something that doesn't work at all, is there anything I should know
about Acrobat Reader DC that makes it different from Adobe Reader, or is
it just a new name for the same old product? If it makes a difference,
I'm using JAWS 15 on Windows 7 64-bit at home and at the office.

Thanks,
Brad

--
Brad Martin
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals:

James Homuth

I run it on a Laptop running JAWS 14 Windows 7 64-bit and see no issues.
Looks to be a new name for the same old.

brad@formyfriends.org <mailto:brad@formyfriends.org> My Facebook page where
I post online shopping coupons and deals:

Brad Martin

Hi Mike,

You can delete it. You can actually download every version of Adobe Reader from their public directory, so I have all of the installers. I just didn't know whether I wanted to bother with this new thing or just keep using what has worked for me. Thanks for posting the link, but it doesn't need to live in your Dropbox any more. :)

Brad

On 11/15/2015 3:51 PM, Mike B via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Thanks, James. If they keep nagging me I'll probably upgrade at some point.

Brad

On 11/15/2015 3:54 PM, James Homuth via Jfw wrote:
[...]

David Ingram

I'd like to know what features does this version have that the others
versions did not? I seem to have a problem trying to convert the files from
pdf to Microsoft word 2013 format. Is there something that I need to do
special for these files? P.S. I also remember the ability to convert these
files to plane txt format, and what about the accessibility setup what
happened to that as well? These are just questions that I have. Thank you
for any information that you might have concerning this new version of the
acrobat reader

I'm being notified daily that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available for
me to download. I currently have Adobe Reader XI (11). Adobe Reader is
critical to my work, so before I risk wrecking something that works
fine for something that doesn't work at all, is there anything I
should know about Acrobat Reader DC that makes it different from Adobe
Reader, or is it just a new name for the same old product? If it makes
a difference, I'm using JAWS 15 on Windows 7 64-bit at home and at the
office.

Thanks,
Brad
--
Brad Martin
brad@formyfriends.org <mailto:brad@formyfriends.org> My Facebook page where
I post online shopping coupons and deals:

Les Kriegler <kriegler@...>

The accessibility options are still there. When you install the DC version,
the Accessibility Setup screen comes up. I've been told that files process
faster in the DC version. I did extract a 136 page manual, and it seemed to
go quite quickly.

Les

I'm being notified daily that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available for
me to download. I currently have Adobe Reader XI (11). Adobe Reader is
critical to my work, so before I risk wrecking something that works
fine for something that doesn't work at all, is there anything I
should know about Acrobat Reader DC that makes it different from Adobe
Reader, or is it just a new name for the same old product? If it makes
a difference, I'm using JAWS 15 on Windows 7 64-bit at home and at the
office.

Thanks,
Brad
--
Brad Martin
brad@formyfriends.org <mailto:brad@formyfriends.org> My Facebook page where
I post online shopping coupons and deals:

Adrian Spratt

Even after installation, you can reach the accessibility options by pressing control-k for preferences and arrowing down the resulting list. But when I installed this new version of Adobe Reader, the accessibility dialog came up right away. Beyond features, Adobe appears to enhance security with every release. It's as good a reason as any to update.

I'm being notified daily that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available for
me to download. I currently have Adobe Reader XI (11). Adobe Reader is
critical to my work, so before I risk wrecking something that works
fine for something that doesn't work at all, is there anything I
should know about Acrobat Reader DC that makes it different from Adobe
Reader, or is it just a new name for the same old product? If it makes
a difference, I'm using JAWS 15 on Windows 7 64-bit at home and at the
office.

Thanks,
Brad
--
Brad Martin
brad@formyfriends.org <mailto:brad@formyfriends.org> My Facebook page where
I post online shopping coupons and deals:

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I'd like to know how to convert to plain text. I tried copying one, which
is 174 pages long to move it to Word and save it in a text file.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I'm being notified daily that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available for
me to download. I currently have Adobe Reader XI (11). Adobe Reader is
critical to my work, so before I risk wrecking something that works
fine for something that doesn't work at all, is there anything I
should know about Acrobat Reader DC that makes it different from Adobe
Reader, or is it just a new name for the same old product? If it makes
a difference, I'm using JAWS 15 on Windows 7 64-bit at home and at the
office.

Thanks,
Brad
--
Brad Martin
brad@formyfriends.org <mailto:brad@formyfriends.org> My Facebook page
where I post online shopping coupons and deals:

David Moore

Hi all,
I installed Reader DC and I love it. It processes the pages more quickly, and it seems to be more accessible than XI. I encourage all to download and install. David Moore (win10 list moderator)

[...]

Hmm, against my better judgment I installed it at work, and it seems to take forever to process really large books. (And I have a heck of a computer at work by the way.) Something's definitely up, because initially all it will say is "blank blank blank." It never tells me it's processing anything, and about the only way I've found to make it read the document at all is to press Control A to select all. Then it kind of wakes up from its coma, figures out who it is, and then I can navigate OK. Otherwise, I didn't really find much difference for what I do.

Brad

-----Original Message----- From: Brad Martin via Jfw

I'm being notified daily that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available for me to
download. I currently have Adobe Reader XI (11). Adobe Reader is critical to
my work, so before I risk wrecking something that works fine for something
that doesn't work at all, is there anything I should know about Acrobat
Reader DC that makes it different from Adobe Reader, or is it just a new
name for the same old product? If it makes a difference, I'm using JAWS 15
on Windows 7 64-bit at home and at the office.

Thanks,
Brad

--
Brad Martin
brad@formyfriends.org <mailto:brad@formyfriends.org> My Facebook page where
I post online shopping coupons and deals:
Brad Martin

HAMILTON

This is the first I've heard about "Reader DC". Does anyone have the link
to download this programme? Or, would I find it on the Acrobat Reader
webpage?

Thanks.

Jim H

[...]

Jim, considering how complex Adobe's webpages can be, try opening your installed version of Adobe, press alt-h for help, then up-arrow to "check for updates."

[...]

If you want the U.S. English installer for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, it's at ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1500920069/AcroRdrDC1500920069_en_US.exe

Brad