Key mapping question.

Michael Mote

Good afternoon folks! I pose this question to the list because I know
they're a lot of smart folks on here who may be able to give me some advice.
I have a new keyboard that does not have an applications key on it. I would
like to map one of my keys on the spacebar row to serve as the apps key.
Does anyone know how I can do this? For now, I'm using shift plus F10 to do
this, but it would be a lot easier to just have an apps key. Many thanks
for any help!

Soronel Haetir

I use a tool called SharpKeys for that, it is available at
https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

On 11/12/15, Michael Mote via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Good afternoon folks! I pose this question to the list because I know
they're a lot of smart folks on here who may be able to give me some
advice.
I have a new keyboard that does not have an applications key on it. I
would
like to map one of my keys on the spacebar row to serve as the apps key.
Does anyone know how I can do this? For now, I'm using shift plus F10 to
do
this, but it would be a lot easier to just have an apps key. Many thanks
for any help!

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Bobb Wiley <rwiley46@...>

Wow, sharp keys looks really neat.

I use a utility called autohotkey to accomplish the same sort of thing.

Bob

I use a tool called SharpKeys for that, it is available at
https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

On 11/12/15, Michael Mote via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Good afternoon folks! I pose this question to the list because I know
they're a lot of smart folks on here who may be able to give me some
advice.
I have a new keyboard that does not have an applications key on it. I
would
like to map one of my keys on the spacebar row to serve as the apps key.
Does anyone know how I can do this? For now, I'm using shift plus F10 to
do
this, but it would be a lot easier to just have an apps key. Many thanks
for any help!

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

One out of 10 people understand binary: those who do, and those who don't.

Brent Harding

I've used Sharp Keys. It works pretty good. I had to remap broken keys to unused ones that work. The only problem gets to be getting used to the broken layout too much when it doesn't exist elsewhere.

I use a tool called SharpKeys for that, it is available at
https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

On 11/12/15, Michael Mote via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Good afternoon folks! I pose this question to the list because I know
they're a lot of smart folks on here who may be able to give me some
advice.
I have a new keyboard that does not have an applications key on it. I
would
like to map one of my keys on the spacebar row to serve as the apps key.
Does anyone know how I can do this? For now, I'm using shift plus F10 to
do
this, but it would be a lot easier to just have an apps key. Many thanks
for any help!

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Ed Marquette <marquette.ed@...>

If you check the archives, this exact question was asked and
answered, and you can do it in JAWS itself. I'll check to see if
I saved the post.
I followed the directions and replaced the useless PrintScreen key
with an applications key.
It was pretty easy.
You are right. There are some truly savvy people on this list.