From: David Moore via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:34 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: David Moore
Subject: A tutorial on Google Chrome.

Hi all,
Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to save files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know about using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a browser. I hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop box link. I fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the link and a page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and enter on the download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you can get even more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

Stan Holdeman

When I try to run the tutorial Media Player gives me an error message and is not able to run the tutorial.

Is this just me, or are others experiencing the problem?

Stan

Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to save files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know about using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a browser. I hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop box link. I fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the link and a page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and enter on the download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you can get even more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

David L Minton, Jr <mrbleu921@...>

Good morning,
I was able to run and listen to the tutorial on my iphone just fine by just clicking on the drop box link.

[...]

Gerald Levy

I had no problem downloading this tutorial and listening to it on my NLS Digital Talking Book player.

Gerald

Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It
is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to save
files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know about
using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a browser. I
hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop box link. I
fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the link and a
page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and enter on the
download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you can get even
more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

David Moore

Hi,
I always save the file and then play it. Maybe it has something to do with running instead of saving, I really don't know. Try saving it to your computer. It should play in about any player. I tried saving it myself and pressed enter on the saved MP3 file and it played in my VLC media player. Take care and let me know if it still doesn't work after saving the file.
David Moore, Moderator

Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It
is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to save
files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know about
using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a browser. I
hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop box link. I
fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the link and a
page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and enter on the
download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you can get even
more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

Ann Byrne

Same here.

-----Original Message----- From: David Moore via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:34 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: David Moore

Hi all,
Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to save files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know about using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a browser. I hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop box link. I fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the link and a page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and enter on the download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you can get even more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

I saved it to my computer and played it fine in Windows Media Player. Keith

[...]

Joseph Weakland

it worked for me when i hit enter after saving file first:) using pc to play it:)

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:34 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: David Moore

Hi all,
Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to save files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know about using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a browser. I hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop box link. I fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the link and a page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and enter on the download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you can get even more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

Bobb Wiley <rwiley46@...>

I had no problem listening to it. I used winamp.

I must say that it was a good introduction to chrome. Thanks for posting it
David.

Bob

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:34 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: David Moore

Hi all,
Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It
is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to
save files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know
about using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a
browser. I hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop
box link. I fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the
link and a page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and
enter on the download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you
can get even more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

One out of 10 people understand binary: those who do, and those who don't.

Stan Holdeman

OK, I did save it to my computer. So I deleted that file and went back and downloaded it all over again.

Same result. Media Player has stopped working says the dialogue that comes up right after MP starts.

Do I need to sign up for a drop box account before downloading?

Stan

Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It
is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to save
files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know about
using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a browser. I
hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop box link. I
fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the link and a
page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and enter on the
download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you can get even
more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

Harry Spencer <spencer-h@...>

I downloaded it and had no problems. Harry

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:34 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: David Moore

Hi all,
Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you.
It is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how
to save files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to
know about using different combo boxes and all you need to know when
using a browser. I hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link
below is a drop box link. I fixed my drop box, so this link should work
fine. Enter on the link and a page will open up. Go to almost to the
bottom of the page and enter on the download link. You can save it to
your computer. I hope you can get even more out of Google Chrome. Here
is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chr
ome.mp3?dl=0
scrubbed...

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

I had that same problem a few weeks back, and I called Microsoft Accessibility Support for some help. They ran a few programs remotely that removed some corrupted files and made sure Windows Updates were current. That's with a Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Media Player, and the latest Jaws 16. Might be worth considering. Keith

[...]

Where did you find the number for Microsoft Accessibility Support?

Stan

[...]

How did you do that? I copied the tutorial to a drive where I have other NLS books, but my player did not find the tutorial file .

Stan

[...]

Maria Campbell

You need to put this tutorial in a folder with MP3's, not with NLS books.

-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:52 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Gerald Levy

-----Original Message----- From: Stan Holdeman via Jfw

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:34 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: David Moore

Hi all,
Here is the tutorial on Google Chrome Browser that I have promised you. It
is a Audio MP3 file that will play on about anything. I go over how to save
files, and use Surfs Up to demonstrate everything you need to know about
using different combo boxes and all you need to know when using a
browser. I
hope you enjoy it. It is an hour long. The link below is a drop box link. I
fixed my drop box, so this link should work fine. Enter on the link and a
page will open up. Go to almost to the bottom of the page and enter on the
download link. You can save it to your computer. I hope you can get even
more out of Google Chrome. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni7ydojdlehiqsc/Tutorial%20for%20Google%20Chrome.mp3?dl=0

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Someone had posted a message on this list a month back or so. I can't find it in my list now, or I'd tell you what it was. Could try a Google Search, unless someone else here has it. Keith

[...]

It needs to go into a folder called audio+podcasts.

Bob

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:34 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: David Moore

[...]

Because the tutorial is an MP3 file, you must save it in the Audio+Podcasts folder on your flash drive, just like any other MP3 file. If your flash drive does not already have a folder labled Audio+Podcasts, you need to create one.

Gerald

[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Microsoft Accessibility - 800-936-5900.

Bye for now,