Chrome vs firefox

Drew Hunthausen

Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of my job
and related software works have been advised to switch to Chrome or Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there anything else
I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do have Jaws 17. Thanks
so much

dennis

firefox will cause you the least amount of ajustment woe. it works just like IE for me.

On 11/7/2015 9:49 AM, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw wrote:
Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of my job
and related software works have been advised to switch to Chrome or Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there anything else
I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do have Jaws 17. Thanks
so much

Drew Hunthausen

Thanks!! will give it a shot

firefox will cause you the least amount of ajustment woe. it works just like
IE for me.

On 11/7/2015 9:49 AM, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw wrote:
Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of
my job and related software works have been advised to switch to Chrome or
Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there anything
else I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do have Jaws
17. Thanks so much

scrubbed...

Tony

I use IE and Firefox. Firefox is faster but gradually grabs memory and cpu
cycles, eventually crashing. This only happens when I have a page open for
a day or two and there are periodic updates from the site.

I'm considering Chrome.

Tony

firefox will cause you the least amount of ajustment woe. it works just like
IE for me.

On 11/7/2015 9:49 AM, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw wrote:
Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of
my job and related software works have been advised to switch to
Chrome or
Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there anything
else I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do have Jaws
17. Thanks so much

scrubbed...

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Tony, I really suggest you try it, because explorer is not a good
option anymore. A brouzer nees to be updated allot, and that is not
happening for a while now. MS cannot expect its exceptable to update
the brouzer each time they do anew windows. That is where chrome is
firstly better, the more it update the more it can protect you. And
the way it work technically and otherwise just come down to a safer
online experience. And flash is build in wich is also safer and it
plays vidios very well as david said.

On 07/11/2015, Tony via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Tony

Glad to hear about flash. It rarely is willing to install on my machine
with IE.

Tony

firefox will cause you the least amount of ajustment woe. it works
just like IE for me.

On 11/7/2015 9:49 AM, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw wrote:
Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of
my job and related software works have been advised to switch to
Chrome or
Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there
anything else I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do
have Jaws 17. Thanks so much

scrubbed...
/
20151107/89c7f5ec/attachment.html>

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Marianne Denning

I have used Firefox and IE for several years. I go back and forth
because some websites are better with one and some with the other.
Now that I hear Crome is accessible I plan to give it a try. I have
been using Google Drive and like it.

On 11/7/15, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of my job
and related software works have been advised to switch to Chrome or
Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there anything else
I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do have Jaws 17. Thanks
so much

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Dennis Clark <dennis@...>

Hi Marianne,
I have also been switching between IE and Firefox for some time. I often for example find that I can't activate buttons on an Amazon page,so I copy the URL from the IE address field, then load Firefox. After loading Firefox and pasting the URL into the address field and loading the page, I can usually activate the buttons which I could not with IE. On the other hand, sometimes when I start out with Firefox on the initial Amazon screen, the entire screen is blank, and the page never seems to load. Having Google Chrome as a third possibility, should certainly add to our arsenal of tools in an all to often inaccessible world.
Dennis

I have used Firefox and IE for several years. I go back and forth
because some websites are better with one and some with the other.
Now that I hear Crome is accessible I plan to give it a try. I have
been using Google Drive and like it.

On 11/7/15, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of my job
and related software works have been advised to switch to Chrome or
Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there anything else
I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do have Jaws 17. Thanks
so much

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

David Moore

Hi all,
That is how I look at Google Chrome. Chrome is not accessible everywhere, but it sure gives us a third tool to use. Also, IE 11 crashes on me almost every time I try to stream TV shows with it. When I stream with Chrome, it has never crashed once on me. Chrome is the best by far if you are going to stream video, play music on line, and watch net flicks and so on. Take care all.

I have used Firefox and IE for several years. I go back and forth
because some websites are better with one and some with the other.
Now that I hear Crome is accessible I plan to give it a try. I have
been using Google Drive and like it.

On 11/7/15, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of my job
and related software works have been advised to switch to Chrome or
Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there anything else
I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do have Jaws 17. Thanks
so much

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

David Moore

Hi all.
There is a very little learning curve with using Google Chrome. You have all settings and all you need in just one vertical column called the Chrome menu. Settings are displayed in a web page environment just like more and more of Firefox is displayed that way. After getting use to it, the web page lay out is better to navigate. All of the same navigation key commands work in Chrome as in IE or Firefox. It is very fast and is great for streaming video like Net Flicks and the like. It never Crashes. I really hope you like it for what it can do. Take care.

I have used Firefox and IE for several years. I go back and forth
because some websites are better with one and some with the other.
Now that I hear Crome is accessible I plan to give it a try. I have
been using Google Drive and like it.

On 11/7/15, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Dear list,

I'm a life time user of IE and due to the way many of the aspects of my job
and related software works have been advised to switch to Chrome or
Firefox.
What is the learning curve in switching from IE, and is there anything else
I should be aware of. I haven't upgraded yet, but I do have Jaws 17. Thanks
so much

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Hi david. The one thing I forgot to mention wich I love about chrome
is the fact that when I use facebook mobile, I can check allot of my
news feed, I don't have to press see more to get to a second and third
page and so on. Really great the way its displayed.

On 08/11/2015, David Moore via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

Hi Aidan,
I was on my mobile Facebook account just last night, and I noticed the same thing. At first, I was a little confused, because it says news feed right at the top. I really like the way the page is laid out in Chrome so much better. It is easier to like and comment. What do you like to do for fun? I like to watch sports, Socialize a lot on FB and Twitter, Run, with my sight wife or friends, play the piano, and read a lot. I keep my self busy in my personal life. I wanted to ask you Aidan. Have you worked with the Gmail web site. I have worked with it a lot and by using a lot of JAWS command for HTML, it is not that bad to navigate. I have Gmail imported into my Windows Live Mail account to make it faster, but the web site is not that bad. Contact me any time.

[...]

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I also use gmail with chrome in basic
view and it work fine. I tryed to import in windows live mail but it
don't work for me. Not sure what is wrong but it cannot retreeve mail.