From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of David Moore
via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, 5 November 2015 8:50 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com>
Subject: Google Chrome is totally accessible

Hi all.
I have been experimenting with Google Chrome Browser, and I have found that
it is very accessible and easy to use. More than that, I can open the same
web site in half the time as with IE or Firefox. It never crashes, and it is
more stable than any other browser. It is the best browser when it comes to
streaming videos and other media by far. The video never pauses for example.
In IE, the same video pauses a few times for a few seconds. Also, Google
Chrome is the easiest browser to use. Yes, I am not kidding. Simply press
enter on the browser, and the home page opens. I have mine set to Google of
course. Now, just press alt and the screen reader will say chrome button. If
you press down arrow, every setting and menu you will ever need is in that
one vertical column. The history, delete history, book marks, are all in
that one vertical menu just by pressing the alt key on the home page. All
navigation JAWS short cut keys work in Google Chrome. I have not found
anything yet that is not accessible. Also, every JAWS key command works in
Chrome just like in IE. You can just press alt + D for the address bar for
example. I will continue to play around with Google Chrome a little more,
and I will be ready to do an Audio tutorial for you guys. You will not
believe just how much better Google Chrome is over any other browser. You
will hear it with your own ears when I send you the tutorial probably by
Friday. I know some of you will use Chrome as your default browser. God
bless and have a great night. Talk to all of you soon.

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

I totally agree with you. I use it as my default brouzer for more than
a week now, and so far know problems. When downloading files its a
little different from explorer but stil very manageable. And the best
brouzer to log into banking websites. The android version is also
super. The only thing I'm very sad about is that supernova don't
support it well yet it seems.

On 05/11/2015, Debbie April Yuille via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
I look forward to hearing it.

Debbie
Skype: apparating.girl

[...]
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Kane Brolin

Debbie, what version of JAWS have you been using to get your positive
experience with Google Chrome? I had problems with some aspects of
this when I tried to use Chrome with JAWS 15, which is now a couple of
editions old.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, how do you feel about Google Docs and
Google Books? Are things getting more accessible to JAWS users on
these platforms?

I am much indebted to everyone who responds.

-Kane

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Hi. I didn't try jaws 15, maybe I should, but 16 and 17 works
wunderfull with it.

On 05/11/2015, Kane Brolin via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Debbie, what version of JAWS have you been using to get your positive
experience with Google Chrome? I had problems with some aspects of
this when I tried to use Chrome with JAWS 15, which is now a couple of
editions old.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, how do you feel about Google Docs and
Google Books? Are things getting more accessible to JAWS users on
these platforms?

I am much indebted to everyone who responds.

-Kane

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Stan Holdeman

What versions of jaws and Windows must be running for Chrome to work so well?

Stan

[...]

David Moore

Hi Aidan,
JAWS 17 works great, you are right about that. Have you noticed how everything you need is under that chrome menu. Help, history, and everything is under there. I am so glad you see this too. Have a great one!

Hi. I didn't try jaws 15, maybe I should, but 16 and 17 works
wunderfull with it.

On 05/11/2015, Kane Brolin via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Debbie, what version of JAWS have you been using to get your positive
experience with Google Chrome? I had problems with some aspects of
this when I tried to use Chrome with JAWS 15, which is now a couple of
editions old.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, how do you feel about Google Docs and
Google Books? Are things getting more accessible to JAWS users on
these platforms?

I am much indebted to everyone who responds.

-Kane

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

David Moore

Hi there,
Also, I am using Windows 10 now, but It worked great with Windows 8.1 as well.

[...]

JAWS 16 and 17 both work great!

Debbie, what version of JAWS have you been using to get your positive
experience with Google Chrome? I had problems with some aspects of
this when I tried to use Chrome with JAWS 15, which is now a couple of
editions old.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, how do you feel about Google Docs and
Google Books? Are things getting more accessible to JAWS users on
these platforms?

I am much indebted to everyone who responds.

-Kane

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Yes, thanks david, I'm just as excited as you are. I wanted to switch
a long time ago, as its not good at all to use adobe flash anymore
with explorer and firefox sometimes have problems. We all know chrome
is the safest and update by itself and very often, and that is what
you need when it comes to a brouzer. Not like explorer wich updated so
little and wich soon will vannage. I also like the fact that it pops
up a window when it ask you to save your password on a site. It don't
just put a random notification somewhere wich you don't always know if
its there and how to interact with it. once I answered the password
promt it allow to continue. Yes, the single menu thing is a good idea.
And when you open settings for example, it give you a nicely layout in
a form of a web page where you can make ajustments easily.

On 05/11/2015, David Moore via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi there,
JAWS 16 and 17 both work great!

Debbie, what version of JAWS have you been using to get your positive
experience with Google Chrome? I had problems with some aspects of
this when I tried to use Chrome with JAWS 15, which is now a couple of
editions old.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, how do you feel about Google Docs and
Google Books? Are things getting more accessible to JAWS users on
these platforms?

I am much indebted to everyone who responds.

-Kane

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Debbie April Yuille

I'm not the one who has used chrome. I replied to an email saying that I
looked forward to the chrome tutorial when it comes out.

Debbie
Skype: apparating.girl

Debbie, what version of JAWS have you been using to get your positive
experience with Google Chrome? I had problems with some aspects of
this when I tried to use Chrome with JAWS 15, which is now a couple of
editions old.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, how do you feel about Google Docs and
Google Books? Are things getting more accessible to JAWS users on
these platforms?

I am much indebted to everyone who responds.

-Kane

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

yeh, i had to switch to google crome and works so much better than internet explorer or firefox. with jaws, i had to keep restarting jaws because of the stupid ads at the bottom of the screen that would through jaws in to a tagant of speaking stuff not on the screen. jaws would even crash completely at times as well.

Legend has it that on Thursday 11/5/2015 04:41 AM, Aidan via Jfw said:
[...]

Joseph Weakland

oh wowo can't wait to hear it and think i'll switch to chrome myself on desktop:)

[...]

Marshall Scott <mfscott@...>

How accessible is Chrome under Windows 7?
Thanks,
Marshall

On Nov 5, 2015, at 2:49 AM, David Moore via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

its great under windows 7 32 bit. i kept having trouble with firefox from the last update with jaws so i switched. internet explorer got very sluggish with jaws so i started using firefox but now google crome is much better with jaws.

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

Greg Nickel

I'm using JAWS 14 and win 7. Does Chrome work well with 14? -----Original
Message-----

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

dennis

i just started using it with windows 7 64bit and jaws 17. also works with jaws 16. only have one problem so far. when i go to amc.com there is a sign in link that doesn't show up as a link in krome. it does in firefox and IE. other than that it seams to be running pretty smoothly.

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

Andre Jarreau <andre.jarreau@...>

Does Chrome work with Win7?

[...]

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Are these improvements in Chrome due to efforts by Google or Freedom Scientific? Thanks, Keith