How to apply settings universally in jaws 17

Kimber Gardner

Good morning all,

I've been using jaws 17 for the past few days and slowly tweaking
various settings to configure the way I want. For example, I've muted
several keys including enter, tab and spacebar. I also set forms mode
to manual with certain sounds associated with entering and leaving
that mode.

But how do I get these settings applied across all applications. I
made the changes through settings center, but I don't know how to
apply them across the board.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kimber

--
Kimberly

Les Kriegler <kriegler@...>

Kim, try Ctrl-Shift-D to save your changes to your default Jaws
configuration file?

Les

I've been using jaws 17 for the past few days and slowly tweaking
various settings to configure the way I want. For example, I've muted
several keys including enter, tab and spacebar. I also set forms mode
to manual with certain sounds associated with entering and leaving
that mode.

But how do I get these settings applied across all applications. I
made the changes through settings center, but I don't know how to
apply them across the board.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kimber

--
Kimberly

Dave Durber

Hello Kimber:

When you first start Settings center, Press CTRL+SHIFT+D, to load the default configuration settings file. Make all the changes you want, then press the APPLY BUTTON to save the changes, then press the OK button, to close the Settings Center.

Now, all the settings you modified in the Default Configuration Settings file should work globally in JAWS.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

I've been using jaws 17 for the past few days and slowly tweaking
various settings to configure the way I want. For example, I've muted
several keys including enter, tab and spacebar. I also set forms mode
to manual with certain sounds associated with entering and leaving
that mode.

But how do I get these settings applied across all applications. I
made the changes through settings center, but I don't know how to
apply them across the board.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kimber

--
Kimberly

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Kimmer, in Dictionary, you press Control-Shift D as in Delta to make a
change that applies to all programs. It would make sense to do that in
Settings too.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I've been using jaws 17 for the past few days and slowly tweaking various
settings to configure the way I want. For example, I've muted several
keys including enter, tab and spacebar. I also set forms mode to manual
with certain sounds associated with entering and leaving that mode.

But how do I get these settings applied across all applications. I made
the changes through settings center, but I don't know how to apply them
across the board.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kimber

--
Kimberly

dennis

control shift d while in the settings center puts you in the defalt applications. make the changes you want across the board there.