is there a guide for working in Windows 10?

John Gurd

Has anyone come across a gide for Jaws users to be able to quickly
familiarise themselves with Windows 10. I've just upgraded from Windows 7
and it's taking a while to figure out where everything is.

Thanks

John

Peter Tesar

Hello,

The best way is to search the web for Windows 10 and the word "guide" or other words like "basic", "easy" or "beginner".

The web is your best bet and learn to use it. There is a lot of information out there.

Peter T.

On 11/2/2015 6:06 AM, John Gurd via Jfw wrote:
Has anyone come across a gide for Jaws users to be able to quickly
familiarise themselves with Windows 10. I've just upgraded from Windows 7
and it's taking a while to figure out where everything is.

Thanks

John

David Moore

Hi all.
Here is a drop box link to a folder with 24 tutorials concerning how to install win 10 and everything you need to know how to use it and customize it. You will learn about everything there is to know about win 10. Here is the link and you do not need drop box to download this folder. Take care and let me know how this works for you. Here is the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0g6lsnu4map1lm/AADalvpAHamNco1OwroiJ7AUa?dl=0

The best way is to search the web for Windows 10 and the word "guide" or
other words like "basic", "easy" or "beginner".

The web is your best bet and learn to use it. There is a lot of
information out there.

Peter T.

On 11/2/2015 6:06 AM, John Gurd via Jfw wrote:
Has anyone come across a gide for Jaws users to be able to quickly
familiarise themselves with Windows 10. I've just upgraded from Windows 7
and it's taking a while to figure out where everything is.

Thanks

John

John Gurd

Thanks, that's fantastic. I've just downloaded the folder from Dropbox and
had a quick look. It looks great, much more than I expected and very useful.

Thanks again

John

The best way is to search the web for Windows 10 and the word "guide" or
other words like "basic", "easy" or "beginner".

The web is your best bet and learn to use it. There is a lot of information
out there.

Peter T.

On 11/2/2015 6:06 AM, John Gurd via Jfw wrote:
Has anyone come across a gide for Jaws users to be able to quickly
familiarise themselves with Windows 10. I've just upgraded from
Windows 7 and it's taking a while to figure out where everything is.

Thanks

John

scrubbed...

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

This looks great. Thanks.

Is there a way to download the folder all at once? If not, it seems there are 3 links with each item. Which link would be used to download that item?

Thanks again, Keith

[...]

James Malone

Hi David, Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for something like this
for a few weeks.
James

The best way is to search the web for Windows 10 and the word "guide" or
other words like "basic", "easy" or "beginner".

The web is your best bet and learn to use it. There is a lot of information
out there.

Peter T.

On 11/2/2015 6:06 AM, John Gurd via Jfw wrote:
Has anyone come across a gide for Jaws users to be able to quickly
familiarise themselves with Windows 10. I've just upgraded from
Windows 7 and it's taking a while to figure out where everything is.

Thanks

John

scrubbed...

Ann Byrne

Below is information about another book, this from Australia. when I bought it, it was $22 Ausey, which was $14 US.

Making Windows 10 Easy to See is available now from: <http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html>http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Making Windows 10 Easy to See is the first book designed to help you not only get the most out of Windows 10, but also to help you set it up to suit your own individual needs. Tailored for use with large print, high contrast colours or speech, the instructions include both mouse and keyboard commands as well as Narrator it is designed to be easily used with any other adaptive technology.

Don't think it's only for those with low vision though! Fully sighted users will benefit from the easy to follow instructions, and helpful keyboard shortcuts other books skip which will give you the edge over everyone else!

"Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is our flagship book, containing all the concepts from the other books, with more keyboard shortcuts, more tips and tricks on using speech or magnification, and exclusive content around accessibility and Ease Of Access features as well as additional exercises and activities.

Covering topics including:
- Turning on for the first time,
- Using larger fonts and magnifier,
- Getting around Windows,
- Common apps and tasks,
- All in easy to understand language.

Plus join the Making Windows Easy online community on Facebook and E-Mail

Here is a peek at the chapters inside:

Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Choosing a device
Chapter 3. Setting up Windows
Chapter 4. Using the PC comfortably
Chapter 5. Starting the computer
Chapter 6. Accessibility Options
Chapter 7. Windows features
Chapter 8. Using programs
Chapter 9. Editing Text
Chapter 10. Multitasking and Shutting down.
Chapter 11. Revision
Appendix 1 Stretches
Appendix 2 Windows Magnifier
Appendix 3 Narrator
Appendix 4 High Contrast
Appendix 5 Making text and other items larger
Appendix 6 Using the mouse
Appendix 7 General Windows Keystrokes
Appendix 8 Reading and Editing commands
Appendix 9 Quiz questions
Appendix 10 Resources and further reading
Appendix 11 Follow up from this book

Want even more? Sure you do! Download an entire chapter of the book right now for free! This chapter, guiding you through the process of installing Windows 10, including upgrading from Windows 7 or 8 will not only give you a great taste of the quality of the publication, but also help you setup with Windows 10 in your own time.

Available now from <http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html>http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Kind regards

Quentin.

Mcginnis, Barbara

I tried the link and received a message the page could not be found.

[...]

________________________________

Mario

try again but change the 0 at the end to a 1. you should get prompted "... press alt n."

On 11/3/2015 9:11 AM, Mcginnis, Barbara via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Andre Jarreau <andre.jarreau@...>

Downloaded the free chapter but couldn't open it. Is there a trick to
opening?

[...]

Hi, This is David.
The link should have brought up a drop box page. You have to arrow past all of the stuff about getting an account. Go further down the page and enter on download, it is toward the bottom of the page. Let me know if you still have trouble downloading it. Take care.

[...]

Curtis Delzer

I will send the entire *.Zip file full of guides to jfw access to windows 10, up to send space if anyone would like.

At 06:11 AM 11/3/2015, you wrote:
[...]

Does anyone know what reader is used to open .epub files?

[...]

you can use, if you've an iPhone, text dream reader, which is very good indeed.

At 11:30 AM 11/3/2015, you wrote:
[...]

---

---

Andre Jarreau <andre.jarreau@...>

No smart phone. Laptop Win7 Ofc2010. Do you know Anything that might work
on this system?

At 11:30 AM 11/3/2015, you wrote:
[...]

HAMILTON

That's great!

Is there a guide for using Windows Narator? I'd like to give installing
Windows 10 a try - perhaps not right now - but, in the not-to-distant
future.

Jim H

The best way is to search the web for Windows 10 and the word "guide" or
other words like "basic", "easy" or "beginner".

The web is your best bet and learn to use it. There is a lot of
information out there.

Peter T.

On 11/2/2015 6:06 AM, John Gurd via Jfw wrote:
Has anyone come across a gide for Jaws users to be able to quickly
familiarise themselves with Windows 10. I've just upgraded from Windows 7
and it's taking a while to figure out where everything is.

Thanks

John

David Moore

Hi all.
If you enter on the link I sent, it will take you to my drop box page. Go almost to the bottom of the web page and enter on download. That should let you save the entire folder to your computer. Ask if you have anymore questions. Take care.

[...]

Yes, this worked great. Thanks very much, Keith

[...]

and if you've an issue with that, you can download the entire *.zip full of info which he has so fantastically put together here on SendSpace.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gwx9x3

-----Original Message----- From: Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Jfw
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2015 5:24 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

[...]

DJ

I just saw this message. Was the folder taken out of your dropbox? It no
longer seems to be available.

Thanks,

DJ