Potentially a bug with JAWS 17 on Word 2013 with Windows 10

Feliciano G

Hi,
I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows 10. While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the application key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out whether the element is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not having this issue on th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to replicat this problem please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I went to Word, also have 17 and Office 2013. I could use Alt O, F or
Shift F10 to get to font and get into it. I wonder if you'll have to
repair JAWS?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows 10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the application
key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out whether the element
is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not having this issue on
th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to replicat this problem
please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Mine did read the font size, type, style, etc by using either Alt O, F
and also by arrowing up on the Context menu to Font.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows 10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the application
key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out whether the element
is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not having this issue on
th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to replicat this problem
please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

brian albriton

I pressed shift-f10 arrowed up to fon and opened the dialog
Everything such as size and style read just fine.
However, I'm using windows 7 with office 2013 and not windows 10.
Brian

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows 10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the application key
andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out whether the element is for
the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not having this issue on th same
computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to replicat this problem please,
Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Feliciano G

This is occurring on my work computer. I will check if I cn replicate this on the other computers which have Word 2013 JAWS 17 with Windows 8.1 I can work around it, but my clients like to go about it with the application key. I will repair JAWS 17 on Monday. Thanks,

Regards,Feliciano For tech tips and updates, LIKE www.facebook.com/theblindman12v Follow www.twitter.com/theblindman12v

On Oct 31, 2015, at 11:21 AM, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

I went to Word, also have 17 and Office 2013. I could use Alt O, F or
Shift F10 to get to font and get into it. I wonder if you'll have to
repair JAWS?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows 10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the application
key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out whether the element
is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not having this issue on
th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to replicat this problem
please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Feliciano.

I understand your point about your clients' preference, but for me, the simplest way of getting to the font dialog is with control-shift-f or control-d. Both shortcuts do the same thing in a single keystroke-I have no idea why the duplication. Maybe your clients would like being spared some arrowing around!

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows 10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the application
key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out whether the element
is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not having this issue on
th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to replicat this problem
please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Adrian, I am amazed. Both Control-Shift-F, as well as Control-D worked
for me in a clean word document, and then I have used Alt-O-F, and that
works too. I also tried it with the Shift-F-10, which works. As my
husband has said there are usually at least two ways to do anything on a
computer. I likd Control-D, but thought that was Delete.

Incidentally, just to see if it would work, the Delete Key on my Six Pack
works as the JAWS Key, the same as the Delete Key on the Num Pad.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows
10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the
application key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out
whether the element is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not
having this issue on th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to
replicat this problem please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Carolyn,

It's not the Delete Key that works as the Jaws Key, it's the Insert Key in
both the 6 pack & the numpad.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool. Go Dodgers, next year anyways!

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows
10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the
application key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out
whether the element is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not
having this issue on th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to
replicat this problem please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Right, I did not mean Delete, of course, it is Insert, but interesting
that it works in both places for JAWS.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows
10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the
application key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out
whether the element is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not
having this issue on th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to
replicat this problem please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

It can be delete, but only within an e-mail program.

Ted

I understand your point about your clients' preference, but for me, the simplest way of getting to the font dialog is with control-shift-f or control-d. Both shortcuts do the same thing in a single keystroke-I have no idea why the duplication. Maybe your clients would like being spared some arrowing around!

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows
10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the
application key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out
whether the element is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not
having this issue on th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to
replicat this problem please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Mcginnis, Barbara

Doesn't Control plus D still work?

[...]

________________________________

Adrian Spratt

I think there's confusion between Outlook and word. In Outlook, control-d inside a message deletes it, unless the message is in the drafts folder. In Word, control-d brings up the fonts dialog. To my knowledge, control-d has never meant delete in Word.

[...]

Gennie Eachus <geachus@...>

In Word control-delete key deletes words. Control-d is for bringing up the
font dialogue.

It can be delete, but only within an e-mail program.

Ted

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows
10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the
application key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out
whether the element is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not
having this issue on th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to
replicat this problem please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

________________________________

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health,
legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including
confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is
prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Mcginnis, Barbara

I thought the question was fonts in Office 2013 with Windows 10. I know Control plus D deletes a message in Outlook but I thought the entire thread was about Word.

[...]

It was, but a lister kept saying that control-d used to delete in Word, which, as you know, it doesn't. I was just pointing out that the control-d command does delete in Outlook, hence the likely cause of confusion.

[...]

HAMILTON

Specifically re: " Wrinkle: On my system, with word and Outlook
coordinated, control-d also brings up the fonts dialog when focus is on an
open message in the drafts folder." ...

When these are "coordinated", you are essentially working in Word when
drafting a message. So, what works in Word, should work when drafting
messages in Outlook.

Jim H

[...]

Hey guys,
following up on the issue I was having. When I came back to work on Monday, Word 2013 was working perfectly fine without a problem. At this point, there must of been a bug with JAWS 17 during that time which must of been fixed after a reboot. Thanks,

On Oct 31, 2015, at 11:24 AM, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Mine did read the font size, type, style, etc by using either Alt O, F
and also by arrowing up on the Context menu to Font.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows 10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the application
key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out whether the element
is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not having this issue on
th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to replicat this problem
please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

HAMILTON

Does not "JAWSKey+f" tell you that information as well? It does in Word
2013 when using the latest JAWS 16 version with Windows 8.1. Of course,
either Windows 10, or JAWS 17 may have changed that feature.

Jim H

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows 10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the application
key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out whether the element
is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not having this issue on
th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to replicat this problem
please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

HAMILTON

Of course, JAWS can be configured so that the insert key in the 6 pack
functions differently from the insert key on the numpad. However, you would
have to make that change in your JAWS settings. The default is that they
function the same way.

Jim H

I am using JAWS 17 and am having a problem with Word 2013 on Windows
10.
While trying to change font size style etc by presssing the
application key andarrowing up to font... JAWS is not reading out
whether the element is for the style size ok buttn or cancel. I am not
having this issue on th same computer with JAWS 16. Can anyone try to
replicat this problem please, Thanks

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

Adrian Spratt

It does, with Win7 and Outlook 2010. No change.