From: "Adrian Spratt via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:05 AM
Subject: Webvisum interfering with Firefox navigation

Verizon must have the most annoying website, which is why I avoid going on it. However, after receiving double my usual bill amount today, I went online to find out why. Now they require me to update my password to one they deem more secure. Unfortunately, IE11 recognizes no username or password fields, so I had to turn to Firefox. Here, those fields do appear. However, every time I tab, Webvisum help comes up. When I close out Webvisum, JAWS can't read anything on the page.

Any ideas?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12448 (20151022) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12448 (20151022) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Another suggestion I might make is to use JAWS Key plus F3 to reach the Virtual html features list. From here, you can arrow through various elements such as buttons and combo boxes. One of the items on this list is form fields. If you can press Enter on the form fields list and locate the password form field in this list, you may be able to press Enter again, and enter your password here.

The Virtual html features list works very similar to the links list navigated by using JAWS Key plus F7.

I hope this works for you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Verizon must have the most annoying website, which is why I avoid going on it. However, after receiving double my usual bill amount today, I went online to find out why. Now they require me to update my password to one they deem more secure. Unfortunately, IE11 recognizes no username or password fields, so I had to turn to Firefox. Here, those fields do appear. However, every time I tab, Webvisum help comes up. When I close out Webvisum, JAWS can't read anything on the page.

Any ideas?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12448 (20151022) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12448 (20151022) __________

http://www.eset.com

Dave...

Adrian,

You might have inadvertently set the Tab key to launch Webvizum help. Try
this:

tools
Webvizum
Preferences
Key Bindings
Tab to the list

Then arrow down to Help and tab once to see what keystroke is assigned to
it. Change as necessary.

Dave Carlson

Verizon must have the most annoying website, which is why I avoid going on
it. However, after receiving double my usual bill amount today, I went
online to find out why. Now they require me to update my password to one
they deem more secure. Unfortunately, IE11 recognizes no username or
password fields, so I had to turn to Firefox. Here, those fields do appear.
However, every time I tab, Webvisum help comes up. When I close out
Webvisum, JAWS can't read anything on the page.

Any ideas?

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

For Verizon - way easier to call 1-800-922-0204.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Verizon must have the most annoying website, which is why I avoid going
on it. However, after receiving double my usual bill amount today, I went
online to find out why. Now they require me to update my password to one
they deem more secure. Unfortunately, IE11 recognizes no username or
password fields, so I had to turn to Firefox. Here, those fields do
appear. However, every time I tab, Webvisum help comes up. When I close
out Webvisum, JAWS can't read anything on the page.

Any ideas?

Adrian Spratt

Dave,

Your suggestion solved the Webvisum problem. Sorry for the delayed response, but it's been a busy 24 hours and I was only just now able to test it. The solution is hardly intuitive, so once again, you have me shaking my head.