2 browsers & 2 different pages. netFlix search box

Peter Tesar

Hello again,

I posted the message that I had found the NetFlix search box using IE11.

Now that I used FireFox, the results are different.

With Ie11 I got the Canadian NetFlix page ...netflix.com.ca.
while FireFox brings up what must be the US site NetFlix.com.

With IE11 I always have to sign in and then go to the Browse page to find the search box.

With FireFox, I am signed in and the navigation letter "e" finds the search edit box.

Another problem, with the US site, is that all the titles are numbers. Someone mentioned this and now I know what they were talkingabout.

Things are not right with NetFlix. I communicated this to the the NetFlix tech support and they responded that I should call the help line. This I had done and they did not grasp the problem that we have using a screen reader.

Peter T.

On 2015-10-09 11:26 AM, Gennie Eachus via Jfw wrote:
I am using Netflix with IE11. It's working better than it used to. I can
find the search box now. My biggest problem now is removing DVDS from my
Cue. If you email off list, I will try to explain. Can't right now because I
will need to be on the site to go through the steps.
geachus@charter.net

On 2015-10-08 10:48 PM, Greg Nickel via Jfw wrote:
Can anyone tell me the fix for the following?

I recently uninstalled IE11 reverting back to 10 then when I
experienced problems with how jaws was interacting with 10 I
reinstalled 11. It seems that on Netflix in particular the titles of
selections as links are now being read as numbers and not the written
title.

Any suggestions?

scrubbed...

Greg Nickel

I've worked with Chrome as Netflix told me that this is a more compatible
browser. I used it and all the titles were there...no numbers.

Chrome needs a companion piece with it much like IE with silverlite. Its
called Wideveign I think and you have to type something to do with
Chrome/components in the navigation bar. Sorry I can't remember exactly...

an Message-----