jaws IE11 and netflix.

Greg Nickel

Can anyone tell me the fix for the following?

I recently uninstalled IE11 reverting back to 10 then when I experienced
problems with how jaws was interacting with 10 I reinstalled 11. It seems
that on Netflix in particular the titles of selections as links are now
being read as numbers and not the written title.

Any suggestions?

dennis

have you tried firefox? i have had issues with ie11 at times and have to revert to firefox.

On 10/8/2015 9:48 PM, Greg Nickel via Jfw wrote:
Can anyone tell me the fix for the following?

I recently uninstalled IE11 reverting back to 10 then when I experienced
problems with how jaws was interacting with 10 I reinstalled 11. It seems
that on Netflix in particular the titles of selections as links are now
being read as numbers and not the written title.

Any suggestions?

Kimber Gardner

You don't say whether or not Jaws used to read the titles, but I'm
assuming it did. I wonder if this is a graphics reading issue.

Kimber

On 10/8/15, Greg Nickel via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Can anyone tell me the fix for the following?

I recently uninstalled IE11 reverting back to 10 then when I experienced
problems with how jaws was interacting with 10 I reinstalled 11. It seems
that on Netflix in particular the titles of selections as links are now
being read as numbers and not the written title.

Any suggestions?

Kimberly

Peter Tesar

Hello,

I think that it is a graphics issue. I have used both IE11 and Firefoxand the changes made last year, have been worse for screen reader users.

I'm using the Canadian NetFlix site. Last year they updated the web site and I lost access to the search field. It used to be an edit field that JAWS could find, and now it is an icon that JAWS cannot find.

Do the American users of NetFlix have the same problem searching for a title? Is there a way around.

Peter T.

On 2015-10-08 10:48 PM, Greg Nickel via Jfw wrote:
Can anyone tell me the fix for the following?

I recently uninstalled IE11 reverting back to 10 then when I experienced
problems with how jaws was interacting with 10 I reinstalled 11. It seems
that on Netflix in particular the titles of selections as links are now
being read as numbers and not the written title.

Any suggestions?

Gennie Eachus <geachus@...>

I am using Netflix with IE11. It's working better than it used to. I can
find the search box now. My biggest problem now is removing DVDS from my
Cue. If you email off list, I will try to explain. Can't right now because I
will need to be on the site to go through the steps.
geachus@charter.net

On 2015-10-08 10:48 PM, Greg Nickel via Jfw wrote:
Can anyone tell me the fix for the following?

I recently uninstalled IE11 reverting back to 10 then when I
experienced problems with how jaws was interacting with 10 I
reinstalled 11. It seems that on Netflix in particular the titles of
selections as links are now being read as numbers and not the written
title.

Any suggestions?

scrubbed...

Greg Nickel

Okay...so I did a system restore after dealing with tech and installing the
silverlite and having no good effect. The system restore took me back to
before I did the uninstall and reinstall of IE10/11. Always a good thing to
keep in your back pocket for any inexplicable problems that pop up.

As far as the search box, I noted this change too and you have to click on a
link first to browse so look for a link that will take you to the search

box. -----Original Message-----