Excel shortcut key help

Lee Anne Atkinson

Okay, I am having a brain fade moment. What is the shortcut keystroke to
name columns in Excel? I got totally lost when I found the instructions on
giving the worksheet names and cell coordinates and the like. Would anyone
be able to help out?

Thanks,

Lee Anne

Ann Byrne

I'm not sure this is what you are looking for. Maybe. ...

To create a JAWS file that will speak the column names
1. Move the cursor to the row with the column headers.
2. Press--altogether now!--insert-control-alt-c.

this creates a .jsi file in JFW. To have Excel assign bookmarks to the column headers while using JAWS
1. Move the cursor to the row with the headers.
2. Press alt-m, then m again.JAWS will say "define name ...'
3. Press enter.
4. Type 'column title' and press enter.

Good luck!

At 09:10 AM 10/4/2015, you wrote:
Okay, I am having a brain fade moment. What is the shortcut keystroke to
name columns in Excel? I got totally lost when I found the instructions on
giving the worksheet names and cell coordinates and the like. Would anyone
be able to help out?

Thanks,

Lee Anne

Charles Coe

Hi,

Should be able to do the same by using the quick setting menu.

Insert V

Charles

At 09:10 AM 10/4/2015, you wrote:
Okay, I am having a brain fade moment. What is the shortcut keystroke
to name columns in Excel? I got totally lost when I found the
instructions on giving the worksheet names and cell coordinates and the
like. Would anyone be able to help out?

Thanks,

Lee Anne

scrubbed...

Lee Anne Atkinson

Yes! That was the one. Thank you so much.

Lee Anne

At 09:10 AM 10/4/2015, you wrote:
Okay, I am having a brain fade moment. What is the shortcut keystroke
to name columns in Excel? I got totally lost when I found the
instructions on giving the worksheet names and cell coordinates and the
like. Would anyone be able to help out?

Thanks,

Lee Anne

scrubbed...

Lee Anne Atkinson

You know, I tried it from there but could not figure it out. Clear as mud,
but Carolyn's keystroke combination worked. Thanks!

Lee Anne