From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Robert Logue
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, 30 September 2015 8:58 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Robert Logue <bobcat11@shaw.ca>
Subject: no luck with ESET Smart Security

Not having any luck with this security suite. Jaws and NVDA can read
some elements but not enough to make it workable for me.

I wonder if Nod 32 uses the same interface.

Bob

Robert Logue

Used Jaws cursor but it didn't read much. Wonder why my system is like this. I better call FS support.

Bob

On 9/29/2015 10:23 PM, Debbie April Yuille via Jfw wrote:
Are you using the JAWS cursor? I find that helps a lot. In fact, it pretty
much reads everything then.

Debbie

Not having any luck with this security suite. Jaws and NVDA can read
some elements but not enough to make it workable for me.

I wonder if Nod 32 uses the same interface.

Bob

Debbie April Yuille

What version of JAWS are you using?
In some versions of JAWS the JAWS cursor doesn't always work reliably. Try
the rout JAWS to PC command.

Debbie

Not having any luck with this security suite. Jaws and NVDA can read
some elements but not enough to make it workable for me.

I wonder if Nod 32 uses the same interface.

Bob

Robert Logue

Using Jaws 16. I managed to get auto graphics labeler to work which helps a bit. Problem is there are tree views that just say checked when I arrow to them. I think they are acting like tabs and need to read something else. I can get part of the program to work but not enough to keep it.

I have a ticket with Eset but it is hard to describe the problem via email. Need to try a phone call.

It is also hard to use with NVDA.

Bob