Another scripting question

Guy Schlosser

Hi all, I wrote last week about the scripting question I had for my job. Well, I am still playing with it and have another question. I figured out a way I can get the dialer window to focus. I use the move to window function, and it works perfectly. Only problem, every time I have to restart the program, the control ID for that specific control changes. Then, in order for my script to work again, I have to manually put in the new control ID. Is there a way to deal with that? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I cannot use hotspot clicker, because they don't allow for downloading programs off websites that are not specifically approved by the company. Thanks in advance for any help, and if no one can help can you please direct me to a better place to inquire about this?

Sincerely,
Guy Schlosser

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

JAWS scripting itself doesn't seem to be particularly difficult to use, but
it's all the Windows API and user interface stuff -- window handles, control
IDs, etc -- that is the challenging part, and that is what has impeded my
progress from being effective at JSL. Unfortunately, they are part and
parcel, as JSL is essentially a wrapper around Win32 programming.

And that's exactly the problem you're running into.

I'd recommend the JAWS scripting mailing list. I have enumerated JSL
resources on my blog page:
https://skewmatrix.wordpress.com/

Hope that helps,
-Paul

Hi all, I wrote last week about the scripting question I had for my job.
Well, I
am still playing with it and have another question. I figured out a way I
can
get the dialer window to focus. I use the move to window function, and it
works perfectly. Only problem, every time I have to restart the program,
the
control ID for that specific control changes. Then, in order for my script
work again, I have to manually put in the new control ID. Is there a way
deal with that? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I cannot use
hotspot clicker, because they don't allow for downloading programs off
websites that are not specifically approved by the company. Thanks in
advance for any help, and if no one can help can you please direct me to a
better place to inquire about this?

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

hmmm, is the place where you are moving to a button or a graphic? if its a button it may have a graphic associated with it and you should be able to label that graphic and then have the script find that label instead and click on it. just a thought.

Legend has it that on Saturday 9/26/2015 01:02 PM, Guy Schlosser via Jfw said:
[...]

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

another thought, you could have your script look for each control id that is used. its posible that the software only creates just so many control id's and you can have your script look for any of the numbers and if not found look for the next and so on till it finds one and then continue with the script.

[...]

Hello, and thanks for the quick reply. No, it's actually and edit box, where you type in a phone number. It has a label next to it that says phone.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2015, at 5:53 PM, ratshtron via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

What would be the easiest way to do this? I mean obviously you can do NFL's blu what would be the easiest way to do this? I mean obviously you can do and if else structure, but is there any easier way? I should say, without knowing before and all the control IDs that are used? Again, thanks for all your help and advice with this situation.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2015, at 5:56 PM, ratshtron via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

Dale Alton <blinkydale@...>

Couldn't he do a JAWSFIND () for Phone and then a LeftMouse () and then
Tabkey ()?

Denver Dale

said:
[...]

I have it look for each control IDUs? But I have to keep track of them
manually, then just have it look for the numbers, or what? Just curious.
Again, thanks for the help and advice.

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

sure, provided the tab works, but i think tabbing doesn't place there.

said:
[...]

Good point

Denver Dale

said:
[...]

would
I have it look for each control IDUs? But I have to keep track of them
manually, then just have it look for the numbers, or what? Just curious.
Again, thanks for the help and advice.

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace
offerings!

Guy Schlosser

You know Dale, I might try that. When I am focused in the dialer box, I can tab between the edit box in question, and a dial button. There is another control there that doesn't read, which is a table of phone numbers. It would be awesome if I could figure out how to get this to read with the pc cursor also, but when I try to reclass it as a list box or a table, Jaws reports it being an edit box. Thanks for all the great ideas guys, keep them coming. Just trying to figure out how to get faster at using this program, as this new company is all about numbers. They expect 400 calls per day.

Thanks,

Guy
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2015, at 11:03 PM, Dale Alton via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Good point

Denver Dale

said:
[...]

Hey all, I am happy to report that using the tabkey idea worked. Now, I have another question. I have another script that uses the find string function to find the word name followed by a colon and a space it then says the customers name using the next word and Sayword function. Sometimes, the results are not accurate. Is there a reason why? I have tried to build a frame for this area of the screen but it does not seem to work. I even have that function within an if statement, which should say not found if it does not find name: but I get varying results such as part of an account number. Again, thanks for all your help.
Guy

Sent from my iPhone