Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi all,

I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook
2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current
message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next
message, and I can read it as expected without first having to press the Alt
key twice or alt tab away and back to the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

HAMILTON

Alright! How does one become a JAWS tester?

Darn it! I'll bet you have to be a real techie, and that would not be I!
Techies get to do such great stuff! It's not fair!

Again, DARN IT!! And yes, I know that life is not necessarily fair!

In all honesty, I would rather have real techies doing this kind of thing,
instead of non-techies. Let them find all the problems, and fix them before
we get stuck with something substandard. Have fun GUYS! :) :)

Jim H

I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook
2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current
message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next
message, and I can read it as expected without first having to press the Alt
key twice or alt tab away and back to the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...

I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook
2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current
message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next
message, and I can read it as expected without first having to press the Alt
key twice or alt tab away and back to the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk

Yes, when I was complaining about it earlier with Jaws 16 others told me
they were not experiencing the issue either. I'm just glad it's working for
me now! :)

Thanks,

Russell

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook
2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current
message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next
message, and I can read it as expected without first having to press the Alt
key twice or alt tab away and back to the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Dave...

Go to the FS web site and download it. No special skills required.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and pioneer

I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook
2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current
message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next
message, and I can read it as expected without first having to press the Alt
key twice or alt tab away and back to the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Adrian Spratt

No such techie requirement. Listen to FSCast 113 for instructions. You can link to it from this page:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/About/FSCast

I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook
2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current
message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next
message, and I can read it as expected without first having to press the Alt
key twice or alt tab away and back to the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I can too, Kimsan. But I'm glad it works with 17 for those who could not.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook 2013, when
reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current message and move to the next
message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next message, and I can read it as expected
without first having to press the Alt key twice or alt tab away and back to the message as
I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Russell, can you do Control U to go to Unread? I hope they get that back like it was in
the one I used to have, no point calling names, ha.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook 2013, when
reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current message and move to the next
message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next message, and I can read it as expected
without first having to press the Alt key twice or alt tab away and back to the message as
I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

Actually, CTRL u was awesome from back in the day. That as they say
is an oldy but goody. However, in outlook 2013, one has the ability
to only display all or unread messages. That drove me nuts with
previous versions of outlook when navigating through emails just to
locate unread emails.

On 9/17/15, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

What I wish we could have in Outlook 2013 is the ability to see how many messages are in a
box, how many are unread and the ability to Navigate to the Unread messages with Control
U. First letter navigation wouldn't be a bad thing either. As well as I'm wishing, I might
as well wish for what I would really like to have.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in
Outlook 2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete
the current message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at
the top of the next message, and I can read it as expected without
first having to press the Alt key twice or alt tab away and back to
the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

When you do CTRL y to list your folders in outlook, and down arrow
past your folders, if you focus on one, for example, jaws-users
folder, it should say jaws-users 824 unread messages. You then can
press enter to go into the folder, tab until you hear unread button,
press spacebar on that and all of the unread messages will only
appear.

[...]

Thank you. I tried it, and it worked for me.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in
Outlook 2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete
the current message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at
the top of the next message, and I can read it as expected without
first having to press the Alt key twice or alt tab away and back to
the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi Carolyn,

If I'm in my message list on a message that has been read, pressing CTRL + U
marks the message as "Unread". What did this keystroke do in the past? I've
never used it.

Take care.

Russell

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook
2013, when
reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current message and
move to the next
message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next message, and I can read it as
expected
without first having to press the Alt key twice or alt tab away and back to
the message as
I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Russell, that is good to know.