From: kevin meyers
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2018 12:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: creating short cut on desk top

I attempted to create a short cut on the desk top for the calculator app. I brought up the start up menu and typed in calculator. I then pressed the application key. I went through the menu and file location doesn’t show up. Is there a reason this app cannot be put on the desk top?

If this is under Windows 10 (and, I believe, Windows 8.1) see:  Adding Desktop Shortcuts Under Windows 10

         ~ Mark Twain

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Kevin,

What operating system are you running?
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers.
Sent from my iBarstool.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I attempted to create a short cut on the desk top for the calculator app. I brought up the start up menu and typed in calculator. I then pressed the application key. I went through the menu and file location doesn’t show up. Is there a reason this app cannot be put on the desk top?

kevin meyers

I’m using Windows10 and Jaws2018. No it is not go Dodgers…it is go Brewers!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I attempted to create a short cut on the desk top for the calculator app. I brought up the start up menu and typed in calculator. I then pressed the application key. I went through the menu and file location doesn’t show up. Is there a reason this app cannot be put on the desk top?

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

There a couple ways to do this.

The first way is to

1make sure that you are on the desktop

2 press the control key and the spacebar you should here something like unselected

Once you are sure that the desktop is unselected press the just to the right of the alt key on the right

A list of items will open up, as you cursor down the list you will here new

Cursor to the right that will open another list.

On that list will be things like create a document just cursor down until you here  shortcut and press enter.

Adialog box will open you can type the shortcut in directly or you can browse the computer.

Next name the shortcut and click finish.

I hope this will get you started.

Have a good night.

#1:
1. Go to, C:\Windows\System32, and navigate to the, calc.exe, file, open your context menu, choose the create desktop shortcut option from the Send To submenu, and wham bam you'll have a shortcut on the desktop.

#2, this is the easiest:
Click on the Dropbox link below.  In this download is an already made shortcut that you can just either cut or copy and paste to the desktop, plus several calculator shortcut keystrokes in a text file.

Please let me know when you get the file downloaded so I can remove it from my account.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Brew Drinkers.