JAWS updates

Maria Campbell

I have mentioned that on my w 10 laptop I am unable to check for JAWS updates. FS says it's a Windows issue. Microsoft says it's an FS issue. I have done all I know how to do.
If it is a firewall, proxy, or anything of that type, I don't know how to find/solve the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It is not a problem on my W 7 machine.

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Gennie Eachus <geachus@...>

I am using windows 10 and JAWS16. I checked for updates with no problem.
Go to JAWS and press alt-h.
Arrow up to check for updates.
You will get the user account asking whether you want to allow Freedom
Scientific to make changes to your computer.
Go to yes.
JAWS will tell you that checking may take a few minutes.
You should get the message saying that JAWS is up to date if you have
version ending in 4350.

I have mentioned that on my w 10 laptop I am unable to check for JAWS
updates. FS says it's a Windows issue. Microsoft says it's an FS issue.
I have done all I know how to do.
If it is a firewall, proxy, or anything of that type, I don't know how to
find/solve the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It is not a problem on my W 7 machine.

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Mark <facebookmark@...>

Hello Maria,

I only now just tunes into this thread.

Again, having not read any other suggestions on this I will list for you the
steps I would take if experiencing your problem:

1.
Make sure that Windows 10 is up-to-date.

2.
In Windows 10, set your user account control (UAC) to zero.

3.
Completely uninstall Jaws and all shared Freedom Scientific files from your
Windows 10 PC.

4.
Reboot your computer.

5.
Install the latest version of Jaws.

6.
After installation is complete, reboot your PC.

7.
Attempt to check for Jaws update.

8.
Restore your user account control back to its original setting.

Mark

I have mentioned that on my w 10 laptop I am unable to check for JAWS
updates. FS says it's a Windows issue. Microsoft says it's an FS issue.
I have done all I know how to do.
If it is a firewall, proxy, or anything of that type, I don't know how to
find/solve the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It is not a problem on my W 7 machine.

--