From: Dacia Cole via Jfw [mailto:jfw@lists.the-jdh.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 9:58 AM
To: Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: dacia.luck@gmail.com
Subject: How to do a JAWS repair

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

________________________________

Michael Mote

Dacia, the best way to do a JAWS repair is to download the build of JAWS
that you are running. For instance if you're trying to repair JAWS 16, go
to the web-site and download the current build of JAWS 16. Once you have it
downloaded, navigate to the place where you downloaded the file. Then you
will want to copy the path. You will do this by pressing shift plus the
applications key. Then navigate to the option that says copy path. Once
you select this option by pressing enter, the file name is copied to your
clipboard. Now, press Windows plus the letter R to bring up the run dialog
box. Press control plus the letter V to paste the name of the file into the
run dialog. Then, you will need to enter the following switch command at
the end of the file name.
/type repair
Then press enter, or tab to Ok, and press enter. The JAWS repair process
should begin.
Hope this helps!

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

Adrian Spratt

I think it needs to be not just the same version, but the same release.

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

Adrian Spratt

I'm going to copy below the instructions I received a few months ago from FS. Note that the release number has been updated since then, so you'll need to adjust. Also, as the FS rep knew, my system is 64-bit. I don't know if yours is 64- or 32-bit. A final note: the JAWS repair takes a while, but there are no confirming announcements. JAWS tells you only when the repair is complete, at which point you reboot.

To run a JAWS 16 repair,
First download JAWS 16 to your computer. Go to:
http://www2.freedomscientific.com/downloads/JAWS/JAWS-whats-new.asp
Look for and download:
* JAWS 16.0.1925 64-bit English - January 2015 (133 MB)
Choose the 64 bit version. Save this to your computer. Do not run from current location. After the file is saved:
To run a JAWS 16 repair.
1. Copy the appropriate version to your C: drive
To run a JAWS 16 repair, go to the run dialog and type:
C:\J16.0.1925ENU-64bit.exe /type repair
And press enter.
The repair will run. After the repair has completed, reboot your computer.

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

Dacia Cole

Thank you, I will do those things.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2015, at 9:12 AM, Adrian Spratt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

I think it needs to be not just the same version, but the same release.

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

Onwardbob

At the risk of sounding silly, how would I copy the file to the C Drive?

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

Adrian Spratt

Not silly. I hope the following is clear:

Place focus next to the file in its current location. Don't open the file.

Press control-x to move or control-c to copy it.

Go to the C drive. The simplest way to get there is to go to My Computer, or just computer if you have Win7, press enter, and arrow down to the C drive. It will almost certainly be the first item, maybe identified as "local drive C," or some such thing.

Use the read line (JAWS key+8 on the numpad) to determine if focus is on a file that isn't selected. It shouldn't be selected. If it is, press control-spacebar to deselect.

Now press control-v to paste the JAWS file.

At the risk of sounding silly, how would I copy the file to the C Drive?

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

HAMILTON

Can this be done if you have other JAWS-related problems - not just for
moving to Windows 10.

Thanks.

Jim H

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Yes, it is not something which is tied to Windows 10 only.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

Dacia Cole

Hi,
I just got done talking to the freedom scientific people, because I was having a hard time typing in the right path to do the repair. He reminded me of something that I had forgotten. There is a browse button in the dialog box for the run dialogue, if you'd use that, and then choose the jaws 16 file or whatever version you are running, and tab to the open button, then it will already put the path in there so you don't have to. Once you have hit open, shift tab once and make sure you are at the end of the path because it will say.exp at the end. Once you know you were there, press the and press the/key then the word type with no spaces then hit the and type the word repair and then hit enter. You have to do it like that, or it won't work. I hope these directions made sense. If you have questions, let me know. It will say EE XE at the end of the path not exp

Sent from my iPhone

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Hamilton via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want to
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I never knew you used an ampersand; thanks for that tidbit. You say it's all written together?

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I
want to do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't
remember how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

Maria Campbell

Please let me know if this works for updating for you so I can try it as well.

On 9/9/2015 12:37 PM, Dacia Cole via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Dacia Cole

Hi,

No,

Here's how you do it.

Once you've copied the file to your c drive do the following.

Enter the run dialog box by pressing alt r then shift tab until you
find the browse button and hit enter on it.

Then go to your c drive and press enter on that. Tab to the list view
and press j until you hear j16 or whatever version you have. Once you
hear that, tab to the open button and press enter. Don't press enter
until you get to the open button. Once you press the open button
you should see the path listed in an edit box. arrow once to the left
and you should hear the letter e then arrow once to the right and you
should be at the end. Once you there, type the following exactly like
this. I've put spaces where they need to be. /type repair so you type
the slash key and then the word type then hit the space bar and type
the word repair. Once you've done that, hit enter and the repair
should begin. It will take several minutes. Mine gave me progress
reports, but apparently that's not always the case.

I hope this helps.

Dacia

wrote:

Yes, it is not something which is tied to Windows 10 only.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Hamilton via Jfw"
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I want
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember
how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Dacia Cole

You enter the run dialog by windows key and r not alt r.

sorry

Dacia

wrote:

Yes, it is not something which is tied to Windows 10 only.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Hamilton via Jfw"
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Hi, as the subject line states, I'm having some issues with jaws. I
want
do a jaws repair to see if it will fix them. However, I can't remember
how
to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dacia

Sent from my iPhone

signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 12227 (20150909) __________

http://www.eset.com

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Dacia Cole

Yes, I was able to check for jobs updates once I had done the repair. At that point, it's that I was at the most up-to-date version, but it wasn't giving me that error message anymore.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2015, at 11:56 AM, Maria Campbell via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

Well I did all that, and I still can't get through to FS to check for updates on my W 10 laptop.