From: Pablo Morales via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2015 5:53 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Pablo Morales
Subject: Use of virtual ribbons and keyboard manager

I read the instructions to switch the echo level, and those instructions
were very good.
Now I am trying to use a keystroke to switch the use of virtual ribbons,
but when I look for use of virtual ribbons or something like that, it
doesn't appear in the default list. There is a way to switch the virtual
ribbons on or off through a keystroke?
Maybe through a script, but I have no idea what is the function to switch
the virtual ribbon function on/off.
Thanks for any help.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Pablo, if you'll go Insertt for JAWS Verbosity. Arrow way down past to User
Beginning or Intermediate or Advanced, right or not far after that, you'll
come to Virtual Ribbon. You can check or uncheck it, whichever you prefer.
windows-10-and-jaws@yahoogroups.co.in

Pablo, if you'll go Insert V for JAWS Verbosity. Arrow way down past to User
Beginning or Intermediate or Advanced, right or not far after that, you'll
come to Virtual Ribbon. You can check or uncheck it, whichever you prefer.

I read the instructions to switch the echo level, and those instructions
were very good.
Now I am trying to use a keystroke to switch the use of virtual ribbons,
but when I look for use of virtual ribbons or something like that, it
doesn't appear in the default list. There is a way to switch the virtual
ribbons on or off through a keystroke?
Maybe through a script, but I have no idea what is the function to switch
the virtual ribbon function on/off.
Thanks for any help.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Agree with that; same with punctuation. Another is Speak Dollar Last. I have
had to set it in Outlook and in Documents. Wherever I go, I have to set it.
Once set, it should be universal. It's bad enough to have to set it. I
realize that if JAWS is sold to someone in England, that might not be
important, but if the dollar sign comes first, the thing should be spoken to
speak last. That seems so simple to me, and to think that way down through
JAWS 16, and it doesn't? Well, JAWS makes it possible for me to even use a
computer, so I am very glad for what I have.

Best from,

Carolyn