From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of TerriLynne Pomeroy via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 8:52 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: TerriLynne Pomeroy
Subject: JAWS and regions

Is there any way to stop JAWS from saying "region", empty region, end of
region, complimentary region, etc.? I find the message of not use, time
consuming, and on some web sites, highly annoying.

TerriLynne

Ann Byrne

Insert-spacebar, then J doesn't show a command to do this.

At 08:50 AM 8/29/2015, you wrote:
Hi. I know you can stop JAWS from making "block text" announcements. I just went to the JAWS settings center (JAWS key+6 on the number row) in hope of finding a similar control for "region" announcements. However, although a search produced the "block text" option, I couldn't figure out where that option is located in the setting center. If you can, maybe you'll find a similar control there for "region" announcements.

My question now is how you can conveniently locate a topic such as "block text" within the settings center structure once you confirm it exists through the search function.

Is there any way to stop JAWS from saying "region", empty region, end of
region, complimentary region, etc.? I find the message of not use, time
consuming, and on some web sites, highly annoying.

TerriLynne

Adrian Spratt

To do which, Ann? Remove block text announcements? Correct, it doesn't, as I've just confirmed. But you can find it with the settings center search function.

Is there any way to stop JAWS from saying "region", empty region, end of
region, complimentary region, etc.? I find the message of not use, time
consuming, and on some web sites, highly annoying.

TerriLynne

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I wonder if it has anything to do with the granularity controls--beginner, intermediate, advanced. Each has a whole list of options, although I don't remember that phrase.

Ted