Question about updating jaws

Michael Chopra <justforlists689@...>

Hey guys. I have a question about updating jays. I'm currently running jaws 16, if freedom scientific were to release jaws 17, would I be able to update it?
Thanks.

From Michael.

Soronel Haetir

Whether you would be able to run a non-demo jaws 17 depends on your
SMA status with jaws 16. You can examine this in the jaws about
window, where it says " "Software Maintenance Agreement upgrades
remaining"

On 8/28/15, Michael Chopra via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Hey guys. I have a question about updating jays. I'm currently
running jaws 16, if freedom scientific were to release jaws 17,
would I be able to update it?
Thanks.
From Michael.

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

HAMILTON

Only if you have a Software Maintainance Agreement (SMA) for at least 1 more
version. When moving from 16 to 17 (or, 9 to 10), you are "upgrading", not
"updating"! I know this from being a long-term SMA purchaser. It's also
much less expensive.

Hope that helps.

Jim H