From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:24 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Adrian Spratt
Subject: How to click on a hyperlink in a Word document

Hi.

I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I think it's left click, but it's been a while.

I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Adrian Spratt

Thanks, Tom, but no luck here. It brings up a list, but when I select a link (this document has 22) and tab to and press OK, nothing happens. Besides, I'd like to be able to click on the link, as mouse users can, rather than bring up a list and go through all those steps.

I believe you can use jawsKey F5 to bring up a list of form fields and the link will be one of them. You can then just tab to the ok button and press enter to activate.
Tom Bisset
I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Michael Mote

If it is a hyperlink, you can probably use JAWS Key or Insert plus F7, to
bring up a list of links in the document.

I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse
users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I
experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line
breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Adrian Spratt

Yes, that's the trick. It works. Ideally, we could click on the link without going into links list mode, but this is better than anything else I've tried. Thanks.

If it is a hyperlink, you can probably use JAWS Key or Insert plus F7, to
bring up a list of links in the document.

I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse
users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I
experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line
breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Russell Solowoniuk

Try placing the Jaws cursor on the link, holding down the CTRL key, and
doing a left mouse click. I'm not 100% sure, but I think sighted users may
also need to hold down the CTRL key and click to activate a link in a Word
document.

HTH

Russell

I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse
users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I
experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line
breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Adrian Spratt

Russell,

I had a similar thought, but it doesn't work. However, just now, with focus on the hyperlink, I pressed the applications key, then arrowed down to "open hyperlink." Pressing enter here took me to the linked item. IN the future, applications key, then o, should do it.

Thanks to you and everyone else for your ideas. Michael's insert-F7 is the other approach that works.

I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse
users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I
experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line
breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Ed Marquette <marquette.ed@...>

This is correct.
In my documents, I have automatic cross-references enabled.
I have to use control plus left mouse click to get them to work. Automatic cross references are hyperlinks.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 26, 2015, at 9:54 PM, Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Try placing the Jaws cursor on the link, holding down the CTRL key, and
doing a left mouse click. I'm not 100% sure, but I think sighted users may
also need to hold down the CTRL key and click to activate a link in a Word
document.

HTH

Russell

I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse
users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I
experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line
breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Russell Solowoniuk

Glad you got it worked out! :)

On Aug 26, 2015, at 9:41 PM, Adrian Spratt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Russell,

I had a similar thought, but it doesn't work. However, just now, with focus on the hyperlink, I pressed the applications key, then arrowed down to "open hyperlink." Pressing enter here took me to the linked item. IN the future, applications key, then o, should do it.

Thanks to you and everyone else for your ideas. Michael's insert-F7 is the other approach that works.

I can't figure out how to click on a hyperlink in Word 2010. I believe mouse
users combine a right-click with the control key. But every time I
experiment with this or that possible equivalent, all I do is add line
breaks.

Anyone know the answer?

Adrian Spratt

Thanks, Russell. I am curious about Ed's post that hyperlinks work for him with your method. He wrote about automatic cross-references. In my case, the links are to online websites. I wonder if the hyperlinks respond differently depending on the method used. Again, insert-F7 "links list) and applications key followed by o made the hyperlinks in my document function, but control-left mouse did not.