From: Pablo Morales via Jfw
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Pablo Morales
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2015 11:46 AM
Subject: Shift + F10, alternative

Hi all,
Some laptops, and some Bluetooth keyboards don't have the application key. I
understand that shift + F10 is the same thing as the application key. But
when we press shift + application key, we have different options than when
we press just application key. In the case that someone is using a keyboard
without an application key, what is the
Thankskeystroke to replicate the function of shift application key?

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Interesting, Mike. I tend to Arrow, so never saw the difference - will try
tabbing, thanks.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: Don Marang
I am not aware of any way to add a folder to the Start menu. Individual
files and programs can be added by locating them in Windows Explorer and
pressing Shift + Application keys and hitting Enter on "Pin to Start
menu". Holding the Shift key while hitting the Application key adds a
few interesting extra items in the menu.

*Don Marang*
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool. Go Dodgers!

Some laptops, and some Bluetooth keyboards don't have the application key. I
understand that shift + F10 is the same thing as the application key. But
when we press shift + application key, we have different options than when
we press just application key. In the case that someone is using a keyboard
without an application key, what is the
Thankskeystroke to replicate the function of shift application key?

Dave...

Adrian, you are correct. They are the same.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and pioneer

Some laptops, and some Bluetooth keyboards don't have the application key. I
understand that shift + F10 is the same thing as the application key. But
when we press shift + application key, we have different options than when
we press just application key. In the case that someone is using a keyboard
without an application key, what is the
Thankskeystroke to replicate the function of shift application key?

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

It appears that SHIFT + CONTEXT MENU opens a context menu that contains a
superset of the functionality available from a plain CONTEXT MENU. That is
to say, SHIFT + CONTEXT MENU gives you all the functionality of a plain
CONTEXT MENU, plus some additional stuff.

When I do a SHIFT + F10, I get the same menu contents as if I do a SHIFT +
CONTEXT MENU.

As a result, if you're using SHIFT + F10, you're not missing anything.
You're getting everything that is on a plain CONTEXT MENU, plus you're also
getting the additional functionality that is on a SHIFT + CONTEXT MENU.

I hope that helps.
-Paul