From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 6:09 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Ann Byrne
Subject: RE: keystroke in outlook 2010 to add sender to contacts?

Add to sender isn't an option on my computer. Rats!
At 04:56 PM 8/20/2015, you wrote:
Paul,

You can go right into the "To" field by holding down the alt key and
pressing 3 (number row above the letters) twice quickly. Each of the
other numbers 1 through 6 take you into one or other field (1 for
"from," etc.).

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

What do you mean by "going outside your message"? Thanks, Keith

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

OK, Keith. If I hit escape, I'm outside your message. So, right
there, I hit Control C; then Control 3 (to get to Contacts); then Control V
to paste in the new address. I think that in a list like this, it is better
to do it the old way to Alt 1 to the To field, copy it, start a new e-mail
just to have a place to get out the < and > and list stuff, just get yours.
But if you get an individual one, or you can even try with mine to Escape,
then hit Control C, then Control 3, then Control V. Then you'll have the
e-mail address. I did it with yours, and then deleted it; somehow or other I
deleted it twice, but it's out. Anyway, that is one way that it can be done
in Outlook 2013.

The good thing about the older harder way, I think, is a little more control
of the data.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214

Ann Byrne

If you're in a message and hit esc, doesn't that put you back into the mailbox list????

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214

Ann Byrne

It works! Smooth as silk. I don't even have to open the email, or press control-n for new contact. Awesome!

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hold on, I'm confused?

So, do not open the email and just CTRL c, and CTRL V in the contacts folder
after creating a new contact form that is?
Before I opened up ann's email I did CTRL C and this is what I got...
From Subject Received Size Categories
Ann Byrne via Jfw RE: keystroke in outlook 2010 to add sender to
contacts? 8:58 PM 14 KB. However, when I shift-tab to the to field
all I see is The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@gmail.com

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

You are right; it does put you back in to the list, so the one you want to
add is the one you want your arrow to be by.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Yea!

Best from,

Carolyn

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Do you have Outlook?

Best from,

Carolyn

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

Just to confirm, this works for me. The steps are as follows:
1. While in the list of messages (in your inbox or some other folder), arrow
down to the message that you'd like to add contact info from.
2. CONTROL+C to copy the sender info.
3. CONTROL+3 to go to your list of contacts.
4. CONTROL+V to paste the sender info.
5. Outlook opens a new contact dialog, populated with the sender info (name,
email address, etc).
6. ALT+S to save the new contact.
7. CONTROL+1 to return to your message list.

Very nice.
-Paul

OK, Keith. If I hit escape, I'm outside your message. So, right
there, I
hit Control C; then Control 3 (to get to Contacts); then Control V to
paste in
the new address.

Joseph Weakland

awesome that will benefit me to:)

Just to confirm, this works for me. The steps are as follows:
1. While in the list of messages (in your inbox or some other folder), arrow
down to the message that you'd like to add contact info from.
2. CONTROL+C to copy the sender info.
3. CONTROL+3 to go to your list of contacts.
4. CONTROL+V to paste the sender info.
5. Outlook opens a new contact dialog, populated with the sender info (name,
email address, etc).
6. ALT+S to save the new contact.
7. CONTROL+1 to return to your message list.

Very nice.
-Paul

OK, Keith. If I hit escape, I'm outside your message. So, right
there, I
hit Control C; then Control 3 (to get to Contacts); then Control V to
paste in
the new address.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Yes, outlook 2013.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@gmail.com

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

When you get an e-mail, outside it, say it came from sonny@bellsouth.net,
you press Control C, which is to copy. Then you go to Contact and press
Control V, which is to copy - then you'll have Sonny's e-mail address.

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

You say press escape to go outside the message though didn't you? I know
already actually how to ad a sender to my contacts, I was just interested in
this method, which isn't working for me...

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@gmail.com

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Ann Byrne

How do *you do it???

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
ts/2>01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

From a mailing list or if it's sent directly to you?

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@gmail.com

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
ts/2>01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Yes, Kim. Here is what I did here. I escaped this message. Then I pressed
Control C. Then I went to Contacts and pressed Control V and Enter. It asked
if I wanted to add the contact; I said yes. I went back to Inbox, then back
to Contacts, arrowed down, and there you were. I deleted you, because you
were with the JFW list.com.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:42:24 -0400
Size: 5214
01508
21/26d6949c/attachment.mht>
An embedded message was scrubbed...
From: "Kimsan via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:46:45 -0400
Size: 12693

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Press Escape to go outside message - Control C, then go to Contacts. Hit
Control V, and I believe you Enter twice. Once after Control V and once
again when asked to you want to save the new contact.
From Subject Received Size
Kimsan via Jfw RE: keystroke in outlook 2010 to add sender to contacts?
1:48 PM 17 KB