Best email client with Jaws

Cliff Self

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

dennis

try thunderbird.

On 8/10/2015 4:19 PM, Cliff Self via Jfw wrote:
Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Melissa Stott

I use Windows Live Mail.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2015, at 5:19 PM, Cliff Self via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

When you hit Control Y, of course, you get the option to switch to other
portions of Outlook, but it also announces how message you have unread.
Admittedly, unlike good old Outlook Express it doesn't give a total, then
give the unread messages. I do like the calendar though.

I had one problem. I was told that to block a sender to send the e-mail to
Junk, which worked for a couple, but not on the last one I attempted to
send. I ended up permanently deleting it, but I wanted to block it.

Another thing I am wanting to do, which is not specific to Outlook, but does
apply to it is to know how to add words to my dictionary, since Control A is
not doing that; also I want to know what commands to give Spell Check to
make the change I want.

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Melissa, if you press Control Y, it asks if you want to go to another
folder and announces how many unread messages are in the file that you are
in. I wish it was as easy as Outlook Express, but there are a lot of things
that I do like about it. I can live with it. It's kind of like getting a new
job, having to leave the old one behind.

Carolyn Arnold

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the
number of messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole
ribbon just doesn't make much sense to me. Is there another, more
accessible, and hopefully free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

scrubbed...

Melissa Stott

I have used Outlook, and I was annoyed with it. So, I went to Windows live mail, and have had no issues with it. I suppose it all depends on what you do with it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2015, at 8:37 PM, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Melissa, if you press Control Y, it asks if you want to go to another
folder and announces how many unread messages are in the file that you are
in. I wish it was as easy as Outlook Express, but there are a lot of things
that I do like about it. I can live with it. It's kind of like getting a new
job, having to leave the old one behind.

Carolyn Arnold

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the
number of messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole
ribbon just doesn't make much sense to me. Is there another, more
accessible, and hopefully free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

scrubbed...

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

It dawned on me to tab to change in Spell Check, so that is another problem
solved. Now, if only I could figure out how to add words to the dictionary
I'd be one step farther.

Carolyn Arnold

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

When you went to Live Mail, what did you do about your Contacts?

Is it easy to make distribution lists in Windows Live Mail. I have several
that I need to make. Today, I needed to send out word of a death to one of
my groups, but do not have the lists now and not the time to go through some
130 contacts for 30.

What do you like about Windows Live Mail? Does it have a calendar?

Can you tab around in it, or do you have to give Keyboard commands?

Carolyn Arnold

wrote:

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the
number of messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole
ribbon just doesn't make much sense to me. Is there another, more
accessible, and hopefully free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

scrubbed...
/
20150810/485e5d6c/attachment.html>

Brad Martin

I loved the old Qualcomm Eudora, but I ran into some problems running it under 64-bit Windows 7. There was probably a work around, but a sighted friend kept telling me how much she loved Thunderbird, so I finally gave it a try around the time I got this computer. I love it. It's clean, simple, almost never crashes on me, sorts my mail by Email account (I have several), spellchecks as I type (although the dictionary is a little limited as is), and works terrific with JAWS version 15 in Windows 7 Pro. And, bonus, it has a conventional menu bar. A nice plus for me (but probably not needed by most people) is that I could automate the sending of form letters to my clients with a shortcut on the desktop. I've been thoroughly impressed with it, and I kind of didn't expect to be. In other words, I was a tough sell, but you'd have to give me a really really good reason to switch.

One caution: When I open Thunderbird, I have to Shift Tab once to get into the list of messages. But it's one keystroke, and now I'm so used to it I don't even notice.

Brad

On 8/10/2015 4:19 PM, Cliff Self via Jfw wrote:
Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Brad Martin

Jimmy Jones

I find the insert+page down still gives me the number of messages in my
inbox.

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

The more you all are telling me, I'm thinking, might as well stick with
Outlook - the devil I am getting to know.

Best from,

Carolyn

[...]

brad@formyfriends.org <mailto:brad@formyfriends.org> My Facebook page where
I post online shopping coupons and deals:

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Keep tabbing to add.

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Thanks, finally did figure that one out.

Do you know how I can open and also how I can send attachments in Outlook?

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello Carolyn,
I go to the list of files in Windows Explorer, move to the one I wish to
attach, do not open it, but press control C to copy it's address, and then
go to the new letter I have created, and press control V to paste it in.
To open an attachment in a letter press insert A, and arrow to the
attachment you wish to open, and press enter. You will notice here that the
message body is presented as an attachment.
In the conversation regarding turning off the navigation key feature in
Word, you may wish to leave it so that you can toggle it on and off using
insert Z. It is really useful for navigating around in documents you
createwith Headings to quickly move to various sections of the documents.
Cheers Kevin.
Cheers Kevin.

Thanks, finally did figure that one out.

Do you know how I can open and also how I can send attachments in Outlook?

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

I have not found a quick method for transferring my contacts from WLM to
Outlook yet.
Outlook has considerably more features than WLM, consequently more stuff to
learn. Except Outlook does not have a very useful emoticon feature, smile.
Cheers Kevin.

wrote:

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the
number of messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole
ribbon just doesn't make much sense to me. Is there another, more
accessible, and hopefully free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

scrubbed...
/
20150810/485e5d6c/attachment.html>

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Thank you. This one is going to require careful thinking.

Best from,

Carolyn

Thanks, finally did figure that one out.

Do you know how I can open and also how I can send attachments in Outlook?

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the number of
messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole ribbon just doesn't
make much sense to me. Is there another, more accessible, and hopefully
free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Good computer guy exported my Outlook Express address to Business Card, and
then imported from there to Outlook. I would hate to tell you that and it
cause problem for you, but maybe it is something you could research. Outlook
Express could not be imported into Outlook. He came over here, at least
giving us the impression, that he thought that it would. My husband said he
could have studied the net to figure it out, could have saved $80.

Best from,

Carolyn

wrote:

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the
number of messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole
ribbon just doesn't make much sense to me. Is there another, more
accessible, and hopefully free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

scrubbed...
/
20150810/485e5d6c/attachment.html>

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Carolyn. I wanted to explain a little more in depth how to send an attachment in Outlook.

1. Find the file you want to attach to your letter.
2. Copy it to the clipboard with CONTROL plus C.
3. Open Outlook, and open a new message to the person you want to send it to.
4. Once the new message is open, use CONTROL plus V to paste the attachment directly into the message.
5. Press Enter, and begin composing the body of your e-mail message.
6. Send the message.

That's it. The attachment will be in the message. If you want to verify this, go to your Sent Messages folder, open the message you sent, SHIFT plus tab until you hear it say Attachments, and check your attachment.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12077 (20150811) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12077 (20150811) __________

http://www.eset.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

OK, thanks. I can make that work. I could not open a plain text one this
morning, and neither could my husband with that rat he uses.

Best from,

Carolyn

Thanks, finally did figure that one out.

Do you know how I can open and also how I can send attachments in Outlook?

Okay, I'm sick of stumbling around in Outlook. I can't find the
number of messages in my Inbox, I keep losing mail, and the whole
ribbon just doesn't make much sense to me. Is there another, more
accessible, and hopefully free mail client I can switch to?

Cliff

scrubbed...
201508
10/485e5d6c/attachment.html>

signature database 12077 (20150811) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 12077 (20150811) __________

http://www.eset.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Bill, you're good. I had phone calls, all kind of interruptions, but finally
got it sent, then proven in sent messages.

Best from,

Carolyn