Help with recurring Windows Explorer problem

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi,

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and latest JAWS 16.

When I go in to Windows Explorer and look at folders and files, it seems to hang on me.

I get the following message after receiving a dialog to Wait for program to resume or Exit the program. What does this mean, and what should I do next? Thanks.

explorer.exe
explorer.exe dialog
explorer.exe
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
OK

Michael B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Keith,

Try the following:

While in Windows Explorer, go to Tools and then folder options.
Next, move to the view tab, and then the tree-view, and uncheck the
following:
show preview handlers in preview payne.
This problem does not occur on every Win7 machine, but it has been found
that
unchecking this option has corrected the problem on several systems.
This crops up on some 32 and 64-bit systems.
HTH,

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool. Go Dodgers!

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and latest JAWS 16.

When I go in to Windows Explorer and look at folders and files, it seems to
hang on me.

I get the following message after receiving a dialog to Wait for program to
resume or Exit the program. What does this mean, and what should I do next?
Thanks.

explorer.exe
explorer.exe dialog
explorer.exe
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
OK

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Thanks, Mike.

Found it. Did it. Keeping fingers crossed.

Keith

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and latest JAWS 16.

When I go in to Windows Explorer and look at folders and files, it seems to
hang on me.

I get the following message after receiving a dialog to Wait for program to
resume or Exit the program. What does this mean, and what should I do next?
Thanks.

explorer.exe
explorer.exe dialog
explorer.exe
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
OK

Jimmy Jones

I have the same thing. It's a Windows problem which is not an easy fix.
However, I noticed this weekend that if I answer no to the wait for program
to start, then go to the desktop and press insert+escape to refresh the
screen it clears up.

I looked up the fix on the Internet, but its beyond my megar abilities to
perform. Hope this helps.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and latest JAWS 16.

When I go in to Windows Explorer and look at folders and files, it seems to
hang on me.

I get the following message after receiving a dialog to Wait for program to
resume or Exit the program. What does this mean, and what should I do next?
Thanks.

explorer.exe
explorer.exe dialog
explorer.exe
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
OK

Jimmy Jones

Thanks Mike. That's a fix that I can do.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and latest JAWS 16.

When I go in to Windows Explorer and look at folders and files, it seems to
hang on me.

I get the following message after receiving a dialog to Wait for program to
resume or Exit the program. What does this mean, and what should I do next?
Thanks.

explorer.exe
explorer.exe dialog
explorer.exe
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
OK

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Yes, it seems to have done the trick for me. Thanks again, Mike!