stubborn remnances

Mario

after running the tool from fs to remove prior versions of JAWS, I checked the programs and features applett and found:

Freedom Scientific Synthesizer Eloquence Freedom Scientific 7/ 13/ 2015 10.9 MB 6.1.004
Freedom Scientific Talking Installer 13.0 Freedom Scientific 8/ 28/ 2012 15.3 MB 13.0.1006.400
Freedom Scientific Talking Installer 14.0 Freedom Scientific 8/ 27/ 2013 35.2 MB 14.0.6005.400
Freedom Scientific Video Intercept Freedom Scientific 8/ 27/ 2013 12.6.305.0

opting to uninstall the 13 talking installer, I got the following which also happens with the 14 talking installer:

The feature you are trying to use is on a
network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a
folder containing the installation package
'RuntimeJAWS.msi' in the box below.
C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Local\Temp\
OK

The path
'C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Local\Temp\RuntimeJAWS.msi'
cannot be fo und. Verify that you have access to this
location and try again, or try to find the installation package
'RuntimeJAWS.msi' in a folder from which you can install
the product Freedom Scientific Talking Installer 13.0.
Cancel

The installation source for this product is not
available. Verify that the source exists and that you
can access it.

I figure the Eloquence driver and Video Intercept are needed components, so left those alone.

how to cleanly remove both talking installers?

Brad Martin

It sounds like they're gone; the entries are just listed in Add/Remove Programs? If you look in your Program Files (Or Program Files x86) folders, can you find the actual programs themselves, or are those just dead entries in the Programs & Features Control Panel? If they're just dead entries, they're annoying to look at but shouldn't hurt anything.

Brad

On 8/9/2015 2:42 PM, Mario via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Brad. Often, if you go to the Add/Remove and try to uninstall the dead entry, it will tell you that the program is not currently installed, and it will offer to remove it from the Add/Remove list.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12068 (20150809) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12068 (20150809) __________

http://www.eset.com

Adrian Spratt

If I were you, I'd send this query to FS Support.

[...]

I didn't find any actual files, so I guess the ghosts will stay.
I wonder what causes them to show up if there isn't anything there? hmm...

On 8/9/2015 3:59 PM, Brad Martin via Jfw wrote:
[...]

It's just registry entries that didn't get cleaned out by the uninstall process.

Brad

On 8/9/2015 5:53 PM, Mario via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@...>

Probably failure on the part of the FS utility to remove program entries
after uninstalling the old software.

[...]

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Yes, that is windows for you. There are tools you can use to remove
that entries, but I don't know enough about them.

On 10/08/2015, Brad Martin via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals:
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Does anyone know how to remove Classic Shell?

[...]

brad@formyfriends.org <mailto:brad@formyfriends.org> My Facebook page
where I post online shopping coupons and deals:
scrubbed...

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Mario

yes, ccleaner is one that I know that can delete ghost entries. not sure if I should just leave them alone or zap them.
.

On 8/10/2015 8:24 AM, Aidan via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Revo Uninstaller is another possibility.