repairing jaws

Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...>

I am not the one who tried to connect to his computer, but I did get him
afterward. Whenever he calls in, we groan because honestly, the man cannot
hear what you say to him. If you connect to him via tandem, the way you
have to give him the code is he will say,
"1, 2, 3" and you stop him at the right number/letter. H knows how many
letters and numbers, but still.

When I got him, he asked me if it was hard to repair JAWS. I told him it
might be or might not, as that is subjective, but I did think it would be
hard for me to try to explain to him how to do it. I knew I'd never get
across to him how to do it with his hearing problems. He didn't understand
and just kept asking if it is hard to repair JAWS. I finally told him it
might or might not be depending on his computer abilities and I don't know
if he understood, but he hung up. That is why whoever it was probably told
him he needed a sighted person because if she couldn't stay connected, then
trying to walk him through it would be impossible, and I am not
exaggerating. Usually, if you try to explain something to him, he will
eventually try to get one of his family members on the phone and have you
explain it to them and then they will yell loudly to him and try to get him
to understand. Usually they will tell him something bluntly like Addison
you can't do it or Addison you have to upgrade JAWS or whatever and tell him
they'll come over and help him later. He doesn't necessarily need a sighted
person, but he does need someone who can hear. Doubt anyone who could come
to help him would be blind and hearing so in that case a sighted person
would be necessary. He is really hard to work with. If you can get
connected via tandem, what Keith has done, and it was actually a good idea,
is to open his notepad and type to him what he wanted to say and then have
JAWS read it to him. He seems to be able to understand JAWS better. But he
needs to be using relay, and if there are connection problems with tandem
then it's hopless, literally. I might have tried to help him with tandem
but he just kept asking is it hard to repair JAWS and I couldn't get
anything at all across to him.