Showing items in the system tray

Jim Portillo

Hi there,

I'm using a Dell Venue tablet and need to know how to allow the items in my system tray to be displayed.
I do the Insert-f11 command, and it only shows two things, when I think there could be more. I simply don't remember how to enable all of the things to be displayed in Windows 8.

While I'm at it, how can I find out if my tablet is eligible to upgrade to Windows 10?

Thanks.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6!

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Jim. Assuming you are using Windows7, since you didn't specify:

To always show all icons in the system tray

1. Open the Start menu with the Windows key

2. Press escape followed by Alt Enter.

3. Tab to the Notification / Customize button and press Enter.

4. Check the checkbox for always turn on all icons and press Enter.

5. Tab to Okay and press Enter.

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

Soronel Haetir

Regardless, jaws+f11 should show all tray items, irrespective of
whether they are currently visible or not.

On 8/5/15, Bill White via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

This is not correct. I have had my icons visible, and at other times not visible. When they are not visible, JAWS will only list the visible icons.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12049 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

[...]

HAMILTON

That's a great, to-the-point primmer. Thanks. Does it work the same way in
Windows 8.1?

(the other) Jim

I'm using a Dell Venue tablet and need to know how to allow the items in
my system tray to be displayed.
I do the Insert-f11 command, and it only shows two things, when I think
there could be more. I simply don't remember how to enable all of the
things to be displayed in Windows 8.

While I'm at it, how can I find out if my tablet is eligible to upgrade

Windows 10?

Thanks.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6!

signature database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature
database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

signature database 12049 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12049 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12049 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

Jim Portillo

Does this also work with Windows 8 or 8.a?

That's a great, to-the-point primmer. Thanks. Does it work the same way in
Windows 8.1?

(the other) Jim

I'm using a Dell Venue tablet and need to know how to allow the items
in my system tray to be displayed.
I do the Insert-f11 command, and it only shows two things, when I
think there could be more. I simply don't remember how to enable all
of the things to be displayed in Windows 8.

While I'm at it, how can I find out if my tablet is eligible to
upgrade to
Windows 10?

Thanks.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6!

signature database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

Ed Marquette <marquette.ed@...>

I just tried it with Windows 8.1, and it did not work. The
notifications check box did not display.
Also, JawsKey plus F-11 does not work right in Windows 8.1
In Windows 8.1, as a work-around, I hit WindowsKey plus B. Then,
hit Enter on something that sounds like "Notifications Chevron."
If I do not do the last step, not everything in the System Tray
will display. I think there is a way to make this permanent, but
I've become used to this work-around.

[...]

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

That gets me taskbar, tools, and start menu--that's all.

Ted

That's a great, to-the-point primmer. Thanks. Does it work the same way in
Windows 8.1?

(the other) Jim

I'm using a Dell Venue tablet and need to know how to allow the items in
my system tray to be displayed.
I do the Insert-f11 command, and it only shows two things, when I think
there could be more. I simply don't remember how to enable all of the
things to be displayed in Windows 8.

While I'm at it, how can I find out if my tablet is eligible to upgrade to
Windows 10?

Thanks.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6!

signature database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 12048 (20150805) __________

http://www.eset.com

HAMILTON

As is the case with my PC's TaskBar, I suspect that all of your active icons
will be shown on your TaskBar. Once there, use the left/right arrows to see
what's there. However, I am not certain that all "hidden" icons will be
shown.

Jim

[...]

I thought we were talking about the system tray.

[...]

Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@...>

He did specify; he is using Windows 8.