function keys not working properly

Barbara Hansen <the2skibears@...>

Hi JFW friends,

I believe this topic has been discussed before, but, I can't seem to locate
my notes about this.

Now, when I press the "jaws/insert" key, and F12 for getting time, for
example, JAWS is not speaking this. I thought that I had corrected this
problem before, by going in to the "settings" menu, but can't seem to
determine where to find these instructions.

I have a Dell computer which does not have the "applications" key, but has
the FN key.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

john.falter

*Hello Barbara:
Is it possible that you inadvertently switched from desktop to laptop keyboard?

*

On 8/2/2015 4:20 PM, Barbara Hansen via Jfw wrote:
Hi JFW friends,

I believe this topic has been discussed before, but, I can't seem to locate
my notes about this.

Now, when I press the "jaws/insert" key, and F12 for getting time, for
example, JAWS is not speaking this. I thought that I had corrected this
problem before, by going in to the "settings" menu, but can't seem to
determine where to find these instructions.

I have a Dell computer which does not have the "applications" key, but has
the FN key.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello Barbra,
Below are the only notes I have on the subject, but I do not know if they
are relevant.
Cheers Kevin.
Multi-media Functions
1. If the function keys on your laptop are assigned to multi-media first
hold down the "Function Key"" (The left-most key on the spacebar row) in
order for the function key to work correctly.
2. Every time I boot the Lenovo, I press fn+escape. That enables the
regular function keys till I shut it down. note that it can be turned off
completely in the comes

I believe this topic has been discussed before, but, I can't seem to locate
my notes about this.

Now, when I press the "jaws/insert" key, and F12 for getting time, for
example, JAWS is not speaking this. I thought that I had corrected this
problem before, by going in to the "settings" menu, but can't seem to
determine where to find these instructions.

I have a Dell computer which does not have the "applications" key, but has
the FN key.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Soronel Haetir

And with HP laptops it can be changed in the BIOS but that requires
the assistance of someone who can see.

On 8/2/15, Kevin Hourigan via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kevin.

In your message you wrote:

2. Every time I boot the Lenovo, I press fn+escape. That enables the
regular function keys till I shut it down. note that it can be turned off
completely in the comes

What is the comes?

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12033 (20150802) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12033 (20150802) __________

http://www.eset.com

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Sorry Bill,
A little unprofessional, but I just passed along a message I had copied off
of this list several months ago, in the hope it may help, since there had
been no other responses to Barbra's question. I just checked my notes, and
that part is missing, lol.
Cheers Kevin.