Windows 10

Jim Portillo

Good morning,

It may be too soon to ask, but I know some of you guys probably have been playing with or exploring already.
Has anyone successfully and independently installed and used Windows 10?
I've heard/read a couple of different things about not being able to install it without Narrator or something along those lines.

Also, does anyone know about Windows 10 being free for a limited time before we'd have to actually subscribe to it? I don't like that idea. What would that mean...One day I wake up and my computer wouldn't work any more until I pay money for the Windows service?
I'm a bit confused about that.

Thanks.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6!

Hi Jim,
A few things:
* Yes, you'll need to use Narrator. But before installing Windows 10, remove
JAWS first (all versions except 16.0.4350).
* You might be thinking of Windows 10 as a subscription service. The good
news is that it isn't - once upgraded within a year, Windows 10 will be
yours forever.
Cheers,
Joseph

It may be too soon to ask, but I know some of you guys probably have been
playing with or exploring already.
Has anyone successfully and independently installed and used Windows 10?
I've heard/read a couple of different things about not being able to install
it without Narrator or something along those lines.

Also, does anyone know about Windows 10 being free for a limited time before
we'd have to actually subscribe to it? I don't like that idea. What would
that mean...One day I wake up and my computer wouldn't work any more until I
pay money for the Windows service?
I'm a bit confused about that.

Thanks.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6!

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

No, it's free if acquired within the first year. I don't know how updates will work, but this is something different for Ms--a long-term platform, rather than an OS which will be superseded within two years or so

Ted