just got a surface pro and I don't know how to remap the capsock key to insert

Jodie Hoger

Hi List, Subject says it really. The surface pro keyboard doesn't have an insert key so I need to know how to remap insert to capslock I think? If this is not the case, please set me straight otherwise some instructions and guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jo

Sent from my iPhone

Soronel Haetir

Why would you perform such a remapping? Why not just use the jaws
laptop layout if that's what you are after.

On 7/20/15, Jodie Hoger via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi List, Subject says it really. The surface pro keyboard doesn't have an
insert key so I need to know how to remap insert to capslock I think? If
this is not the case, please set me straight otherwise some instructions and
guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jo

Sent from my iPhone
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Michael Mote

You should be able to change the keyboard lay-out to laptop in the basic
settings of JAWS. Then, the capslock key should work as the insert key
would normally work on the desktop keyboard.

Hi List, Subject says it really. The surface pro keyboard doesn't have an
insert key so I need to know how to remap insert to capslock I think? If
this is not the case, please set me straight otherwise some instructions and
guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jo

Sent from my iPhone

Jodie Hoger

Thanks everyone. Feeling a bit silly for not working that out.
Thanks
Jo

Sent from my iPhone