PDF documents

Barbara Corner <bcorner@...>

My office has a program that is supposed to convert pdf documents to
searchable text. The issue is that my sighted colleague said that she
could do a search of this one large document and find different words in it.
However JAWS just read "graphic" Graphic" and gave me some numbers of the
graphics. I'm wondering what is happening here, does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Bar

Ann Byrne

If you have JAWS 16, have it convert the document for you. Press insert-spacebar, then the letter o for optical character recognition, then d for document, and let it run. When JAWS has finished, the document is not only readable, but it can be copied and saved into another form, such as Word or text.

good luck!

At 08:30 PM 7/15/2015, you wrote:
My office has a program that is supposed to convert pdf documents to
searchable text. The issue is that my sighted colleague said that she
could do a search of this one large document and find different words in it.
However JAWS just read "graphic" Graphic" and gave me some numbers of the
graphics. I'm wondering what is happening here, does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Bar

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

That's not going to work in this case, because all she is getting in the document are graphics. She may need to convert the document with OCR software such as OpenBook. she can also use the services of RoboBraille if she can upload the document.

I'll include the link for her here.

http://robobraille.org/

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com