Facebook accessibility

Daniel McBride

I will say only that navigating Facebook on my desktop PC is so frustrating
and time consuming that I never visit my Facebook page. I will certainly
study the information in Carolyn's post to see if it simplifies navigation.
If so, I might Facebook; if not, I will not.

Daniel

Maria Campbell

If you are not into tagging, or photo sharing, or some of that other jazz, the mobil FB site works fine for keeping up with family and friends.

On 7/15/2015 3:56 PM, Daniel McBride via Jfw wrote:
I will say only that navigating Facebook on my desktop PC is so frustrating
and time consuming that I never visit my Facebook page. I will certainly
study the information in Carolyn's post to see if it simplifies navigation.
If so, I might Facebook; if not, I will not.

Daniel

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

judith bron

I tried accessing my timeline the way it was stated in the email and it
didn't work.

I will say only that navigating Facebook on my desktop PC is so frustrating
and time consuming that I never visit my Facebook page. I will certainly
study the information in Carolyn's post to see if it simplifies navigation.
If so, I might Facebook; if not, I will not.

Daniel

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

Here is the facebook accessibility page:
https://www.facebook.com/help/141636465971794/

I went to the heading "Accessibility Basics", then arrowed down to the
button labeled "How can I navigate Facebook with keyboard shortcuts?". I hit
spacebar on that button. All of the keyboard shortcuts listed in that
section worked for me.

Of course, be sure to disable the Virtual PC Cursor with JAWSkey+Z.

I hope this helps.
-Paul

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Its not just the virtual cursor. In the latest jaws 16 you must also
turn a setting in the jaws quick settings for this to work. Its called
"allow application reserved keystroaks". If that is check, then those
keys will work, if its not checked, then jaws will behave as normal
with the quick key features.

On 16/07/2015, Paul Martz via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Here is the facebook accessibility page:
https://www.facebook.com/help/141636465971794/

I went to the heading "Accessibility Basics", then arrowed down to the
button labeled "How can I navigate Facebook with keyboard shortcuts?". I
hit
spacebar on that button. All of the keyboard shortcuts listed in that
section worked for me.

Of course, be sure to disable the Virtual PC Cursor with JAWSkey+Z.

I hope this helps.
-Paul

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Kimber Gardner

Coming in a bit late to the discussion, but I find Facebook is a
little easier to navigate using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

On 7/15/15, Daniel McBride via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
I will say only that navigating Facebook on my desktop PC is so frustrating
and time consuming that I never visit my Facebook page. I will certainly
study the information in Carolyn's post to see if it simplifies navigation.
If so, I might Facebook; if not, I will not.

Daniel

Kimberly

Londa Peterson

I use the shortcut keys mentioned in this article all the time. They are
especially useful since FS has made them usable in JAWS 16 without turning
off the virtual cursor. I navigate Facebook quite effortlessly now. I don't
mean the mobile site either. There's a really good webinar archive on the
freedom Scientific webpage for JAWS users. I hope more people will take
advantage of the accessibility we have.

I will say only that navigating Facebook on my desktop PC is so frustrating
and time consuming that I never visit my Facebook page. I will certainly
study the information in Carolyn's post to see if it simplifies navigation.
If so, I might Facebook; if not, I will not.

Daniel

Londa Peterson

If you change that setting, you do not even have to turn off the virtual
cursor. I've used it many times with the virtual cursor on, and it works
great. remember that JAWS came out with that update after the AccessWorld
article, so they wouldn't have known about it.

[...]

Barbara Hansen <the2skibears@...>

Hi all,

Where do you find the "jaws quick settings?"

Thanks for your assistance.

Barbara

Kimber Gardner

Jaws key + V will get to the quick settings.

On 7/17/15, Barbara Hansen via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Where do you find the "jaws quick settings?"

Thanks for your assistance.

Barbara

Kimberly

Barbara Hansen <the2skibears@...>

Thanks Kim, Just didn't think about that feature in JAWS.