headset and microphone

David Hardingham

Hi all,

I recently bought a bose blue tooth speaker that I could not make work.

Since then I removed the program and now cannot use my shedset and microphone.

I hear a sound when I plug in the usb connection and the first time I tried to use the headset I heard jaws say something about software being installed sucessfully.

However neither my headset nor microphone will work.

I use jfw 14and have windows media along with winamp.

Thanks,

DavidHOW

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Would the Blue Tooth headset that I have for my iPhone work with my computer - maybe not this older one, but a new one early next year?

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford.

Carolyn

I recently bought a bose blue tooth speaker that I could not make work.

Since then I removed the program and now cannot use my shedset and microphone.

I hear a sound when I plug in the usb connection and the first time I tried to use the headset I heard jaws say something about software being installed sucessfully.

However neither my headset nor microphone will work.

I use jfw 14and have windows media along with winamp.

Thanks,

DavidHOW

Soronel Haetir

For the OP bring up the jaws menu (jaws+j) then look under the
Utilites menu and then sound cards. then shit enter on the headset
entry.

On 7/1/15, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Would the Blue Tooth headset that I have for my iPhone work with my
computer - maybe not this older one, but a new one early next year?

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry
Ford.

Carolyn

I recently bought a bose blue tooth speaker that I could not make work.

Since then I removed the program and now cannot use my shedset and
microphone.

I hear a sound when I plug in the usb connection and the first time I
tried to use the headset I heard jaws say something about software being
installed sucessfully.

However neither my headset nor microphone will work.

I use jfw 14and have windows media along with winamp.

Thanks,

DavidHOW
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Brad Martin <brad@...>

David, this is a tricky game to play sometimes. You said your headset microphone is USB connected. USB headsets (and mics) install as additional sound devices on your computer. As a result, you have to go into the sound control panel and select them as your preferred playback and recording devices. When I worked in radio, I loved the sound of my USB headset mic, but it was a pain to configure until I figured out the problem. Your biggest issue will be selecting these devices as your preferred devices, if plugging in the headset makes it impossible for you to hear JAWS until you've made that selection. Depending on how your experience goes, you may need sighted help to do this.

As a general rule, I like standard 8th inch headset microphones better. This one was my favorite <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HEQDHG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002HEQDHG&linkCode=as2&tag=form0d-20&linkId=F2GGW3FLXS4UKUYA>because it came with an adapter to fit my phone, a double adapter for my desktop, and the standard plug fit my laptop. Best of all, since this type of headset doesn't require a separate driver, there's no problem with JAWS not being heard.

But hopefully you can select your USB headset as the preferred playback device, and its microphone as your preferred recording device, and then it should resolve.

Brad

On 7/1/2015 5:37 PM, David Hardingham via Jfw wrote:
Hi all,

I recently bought a bose blue tooth speaker that I could not make work.

Since then I removed the program and now cannot use my shedset and microphone.

I hear a sound when I plug in the usb connection and the first time I tried to use the headset I heard jaws say something about software being installed sucessfully.

However neither my headset nor microphone will work.

I use jfw 14and have windows media along with winamp.

Thanks,

DavidHOW
Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>

john.falter

You might try restoring your pc to a date before you installed the Bose

blue tooth speaker

On 7/1/2015 6:37 PM, David Hardingham via Jfw wrote:
Hi all,

I recently bought a bose blue tooth speaker that I could not make work.

Since then I removed the program and now cannot use my shedset and microphone.

I hear a sound when I plug in the usb connection and the first time I tried to use the headset I heard jaws say something about software being installed sucessfully.

However neither my headset nor microphone will work.

I use jfw 14and have windows media along with winamp.

Thanks,

DavidHOW

---

Michael Mote

A newer model bluetooth headset should work with your computer, provided
your computer has that capability. I've paired mine with a couple of
bluetooth headsets in the past, without any major issues.

I recently bought a bose blue tooth speaker that I could not make work.

Since then I removed the program and now cannot use my shedset and
microphone.

I hear a sound when I plug in the usb connection and the first time I
tried to use the headset I heard jaws say something about software being
installed sucessfully.

However neither my headset nor microphone will work.

I use jfw 14and have windows media along with winamp.

Thanks,

DavidHOW

Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@...>

It probably would, as long as the computer has Bluetooth; some computers
don't, though a lot of the newer models do.

I recently bought a bose blue tooth speaker that I could not make work.

Since then I removed the program and now cannot use my shedset and
microphone.

I hear a sound when I plug in the usb connection and the first time I
tried to use the headset I heard jaws say something about software being
installed sucessfully.

However neither my headset nor microphone will work.

I use jfw 14and have windows media along with winamp.

Thanks,

DavidHOW

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

The head set is about a year old, so I'll be giving it a try.