From: "Rick Miller via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Rick Miller" <mil9@earthlink.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2015 2:35 PM
Subject: "Save," Will Not Work

I am trying to update my new credit card online. After I go to the website
and update my credit card information I press the Enter key after arrowing
down to the "save," button, but nothing happens. I am using Windows 7, JAWS
16 and Internet Explorer 8. I have tried both by hitting the Enter key, and
then by using the JAWS cursor and hitting the left mouse key when the JAWS
cursor is over the word "save," but nothing is working.

Rick Miller

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11854 (20150627) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11854 (20150627) __________

http://www.eset.com

Adrian Spratt

Rick,

I went through a spate of encountering these buttons. Often, the solution was to start over in Firefox. You might want to post which bank runs this website in case anyone has more specific suggestions.

I am trying to update my new credit card online. After I go to the website
and update my credit card information I press the Enter key after arrowing
down to the "save," button, but nothing happens. I am using Windows 7, JAWS
16 and Internet Explorer 8. I have tried both by hitting the Enter key, and
then by using the JAWS cursor and hitting the left mouse key when the JAWS
cursor is over the word "save," but nothing is working.

Rick Miller

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Rick. I can't guarantee that this will work, but try pressing the JAWS
Key plus the number three on the number row. This is the JAWS Pass through
key. After it says Enter Key To Pass Through, Then press Enter on the
Button. This may work.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I am trying to update my new credit card online. After I go to the website
and update my credit card information I press the Enter key after arrowing
down to the "save," button, but nothing happens. I am using Windows 7, JAWS
16 and Internet Explorer 8. I have tried both by hitting the Enter key, and
then by using the JAWS cursor and hitting the left mouse key when the JAWS
cursor is over the word "save," but nothing is working.

Rick Miller

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11854 (20150627) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11854 (20150627) __________

http://www.eset.com

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi,

You might try refreshing the screen with Insert + escape and then try activating the save button.

HTH

Russell

On Jun 27, 2015, at 3:35 PM, Rick Miller via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

I am trying to update my new credit card online. After I go to the website
and update my credit card information I press the Enter key after arrowing
down to the "save," button, but nothing happens. I am using Windows 7, JAWS
16 and Internet Explorer 8. I have tried both by hitting the Enter key, and
then by using the JAWS cursor and hitting the left mouse key when the JAWS
cursor is over the word "save," but nothing is working.

Rick Miller

Johna Lynn Nordin <nordinjohnal@...>

Here's a silly thought, sometimes hitting the space bar works

I am trying to update my new credit card online. After I go to the website
and update my credit card information I press the Enter key after arrowing
down to the "save," button, but nothing happens. I am using Windows 7, JAWS
16 and Internet Explorer 8. I have tried both by hitting the Enter key, and
then by using the JAWS cursor and hitting the left mouse key when the JAWS
cursor is over the word "save," but nothing is working.

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I've tried that. It didn't work.

Rick Miller

Here's a silly thought, sometimes hitting the space bar works

I am trying to update my new credit card online. After I go to the website
and update my credit card information I press the Enter key after arrowing
down to the "save," button, but nothing happens. I am using Windows 7, JAWS
16 and Internet Explorer 8. I have tried both by hitting the Enter key, and
then by using the JAWS cursor and hitting the left mouse key when the JAWS
cursor is over the word "save," but nothing is working.

Rick Miller

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Rick. Did you try the method I suggested?

When on the Save button, Press JAWS KEY plus the number three on the numbers row. When JAWS says "Enter key to pass through", press the Enter key. This sometimes works.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11856 (20150628) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11856 (20150628) __________

http://www.eset.com

Gennie Eachus <eachusgm@...>

Hi,

Can you up-date your Internet Explorer to 11? Not sure that you can, but
might help. Also call Microsoft disability help desk. They are helpful. You
should call Freedom Scientific. They need to be aware of all the problems
that we all are having with JAWS.

Gennie

wrote:

I am trying to update my new credit card online. After I go to the
website and update my credit card information I press the Enter key
after arrowing down to the "save," button, but nothing happens. I am
using Windows 7, JAWS
16 and Internet Explorer 8. I have tried both by hitting the Enter
key, and then by using the JAWS cursor and hitting the left mouse key
when the JAWS cursor is over the word "save," but nothing is working.

Rick Miller

scrubbed...

Jimmy Jones

If you are in a combo box use the ALT+down arrow to open it. Make your
changes in your credit card number, then close it with the ALT+up arrow,
then choose your save button and press enter. I find when something like
this happens to me its because I did not do this. Hope this helps.