From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
via Jfw
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 1:35 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Adrian Spratt
Subject: Installation of today's new JAWS release

When I rebooted an hour ago, I was notified of a new JAWS release. Against
my better judgment, I went ahead with the installation. As usual, I was
required to reboot on completion. After about five minutes, I decided
something was wrong because the rebooting process got hung. So I shut down
the PC and restarted. It took a while, but eventually the PC came back to
life and JAWS reloaded. Ultimately a good result, but the experience brought
back bad memories of earlier JAWS releases. In the future, I'll make sure to
have sighted assistance nearby when I install a new JAWS release, just in
case. I wonder if this process went more smoothly for others.

Dave Mitchell

Hi Adrian, The patch install failed with a notice to run a repair on my current JAWS 16, the most current build prior to today's notice.
This has not happened to me before so, for now, I will wait for further developments. Mitch

“No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.”
Unknown