From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Marianne
Denning via Jfw
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 3:50 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Marianne Denning
Subject: combo boxes

Sometimes when I go into a combo box on a webpage and down arrow it takes me
into the item I landed on. What is the command I need to give first so I
can arrow through the options in the combo box? I hope this makes sense.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Kimber Gardner

Hi Marianne,

If you hold down the alt key when you down arrow it should allow you
to read the choices without being taken to each and every one as you
move down the list.

Kimber

On 6/12/15, Marianne Denning via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Sometimes when I go into a combo box on a webpage and down arrow it
takes me into the item I landed on. What is the command I need to
give first so I can arrow through the options in the combo box? I
hope this makes sense.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Kimberly

Michael Mote

You may want to try pressing Alt plus the down arrow to open the combo box.
Hope this helps!

Sometimes when I go into a combo box on a webpage and down arrow it takes me
into the item I landed on. What is the command I need to give first so I
can arrow through the options in the combo box? I hope this makes sense.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Michael and all, that was the command I was trying to remember so
thank you. Believe it or not, it still didn't work.

On 6/12/15, Michael Mote via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
You may want to try pressing Alt plus the down arrow to open the combo box.
Hope this helps!

Sometimes when I go into a combo box on a webpage and down arrow it takes
me
into the item I landed on. What is the command I need to give first so I
can arrow through the options in the combo box? I hope this makes sense.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Brad Martin

For what it's worth, combo boxes don't seem to be as automatic in Firefox compared with IE.

Brad

On 6/12/2015 3:46 PM, Marianne Denning via Jfw wrote:
Michael and all, that was the command I was trying to remember so
thank you. Believe it or not, it still didn't work.

On 6/12/15, Michael Mote via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
You may want to try pressing Alt plus the down arrow to open the combo box.
Hope this helps!

Sometimes when I go into a combo box on a webpage and down arrow it takes
me
into the item I landed on. What is the command I need to give first so I
can arrow through the options in the combo box? I hope this makes sense.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Brad Martin

Adrian Spratt

A long time ago, someone posted an instruction for when combo boxes behave badly. I've never tried it, but here it is:

When inside the combo box, press insert Z, then arrow down.

Sometimes when I go into a combo box on a webpage and down arrow it takes
me
into the item I landed on. What is the command I need to give first so I
can arrow through the options in the combo box? I hope this makes sense.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Thanks so much. I will give that a try. Believe it or not this is a
website that sells braille overlays for games. It is a small company
so may not know how to make that feature available.

On 6/12/15, Adrian Spratt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
A long time ago, someone posted an instruction for when combo boxes behave
badly. I've never tried it, but here it is:

When inside the combo box, press insert Z, then arrow down.

Sometimes when I go into a combo box on a webpage and down arrow it takes
me
into the item I landed on. What is the command I need to give first so I
can arrow through the options in the combo box? I hope this makes sense.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA