Topics

Jaws 15 Problem in window7

O.Addison Gethers

Hello All,

I have window7 with desktop 32 bits !! I'm having problem when I unloaded
Jaws by press insert + f4 then press spacebar then I waited for 2 or 3
minute then when I try to get jaws to come back on ,I press run key then
type in jaws15 press enter jaws never came back on so I waited about 10
minute to see if jaws will come on so it didn't so I try another keystroke
command alt +shift + j that didn't work either so I try another keystroke
press ctrl +shift + j it's still not work either !! What is the right
keystroke command ? Also I had to shut down the computer so when jaws came
on I went to jaws window I can't remember what I'm looking for to see if the
box is off for jaws not to come on when unloaded jaws ,Does anyone know
what's the name for to check the box in setting and show me how to get
there?

Addison

Maria Campbell

The start up wizard for checking the state of JAWS at start up is under the help menu when you press insert j.
Sometimes you need to reset the hotkey control plus alt plus j to restart JAWS after a shut down.
Another way I use to start up JAWS is to press the windows key plus m several times to make sure I get to the desktop. Then I just press the letter j for jaws and Jaws starts up in a bit.

On 5/25/2015 7:06 PM, O.Addison Gethers via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@...

Blaise Pascal

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

For one thing, with many computers, the JAWS command to come on is Control Alt J. If you'll -
1 hit Insert J;
2. the first thing will be Options;
3. Arrow down to the next, Basics;
4. Enter on Basics;
5. Tab, and I think the second one will give you the choice to check "start with JAWS".
66. check that.

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

[...]

When jaws unload I did press ctrl + alt + j jaws didn't come on I heard
ding sound I went to desktop press letter j and it's still not come on
either er so I had to shut down the computer even though I try to restart
the computer jaws never came back on !! I need to get into jaws setting to
see if the box is not check if if the box is not check then I need to press
spacebar to have it check but I can't remember what I'm looking for !!

[...]

scrubbed...

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@...

Blaise Pascal

O.Addison Gethers

Hello Carolyn,
Thank you for the instruction so the box is check so I unload jaws again
then I waited for 1 minute then I follow all the keystroke command jaws
still not restart to come back on either so I had to shut down the computer
then turn it back on jaws came back on !! Something is wrong here and I
think I need to call FS technical support tomorrow to report this problem.

[...]

Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@...>

Don't forget that Ctrl Alt J will work only if you first set it up on your
machine; it is not enabled by default when you install JAWS.

[...]

You probably should. I'm sorry, that I forgot to tell you to tab to OK, once you checked "Start JAWS". I think they might be busier and more challenged than ever, but I find them helpful when I call them and patient too. I think I may be a little older than most of their customers, late 70's.

[...]

The computer man remove jaws and reinstalled jaws when he was repairing the
computer on start window when he talking to fs support !!