Topics

Outlook 2010 searching by subject

Mario

since I'm not familiar with using Outlook 2010, how do you search through a ton of emails by the subject?
I am trying to help a friend.
thru Google, I found alt j, s, b? but I don't think this is right or if there's something else she's got to do before attempting the search.

Ann Byrne

Unfortunately I don't have the source for this information, but it is one of the experts.

Using Find In MSOutlook2010 Using Jaws

Locating All Messages By One Sender:

This will work in any mailbox E.g, in-box, sent-box etc.

1. Press ctrl+shift+the letter "f"=advance-find.

2. Tab three times=from....edit.

3. Type in a sender's first or last name.

4. Press enter.

5. Press the f6key and you are put into the list of messages by the sender

you searched for.

6. If you open a message to read it, press escape once to close it. Then

move to the next one to read.

7. If you open a message to read and do not wish to read any more, press

escape twice and you are placed back in to the original location were the

search was started. This means if you were in the in-box when starting the

search, pressing escape twice will return you back to the in-box. Pressing

escape once will only return you to the list of messages found in the

search.

***

II. Searching For A Specific Topic In A Subject Field:

1. Press ctrl+shift+the letter "f".2. Type a word that would be found in the

subject line you are searching for.

3. Press enter.

4. Press f6 and you are put into the list of messages containing the subject

line searched for.

5. If you open a message to read it, press escape once to close it. Then

move to the next one to read.

6. If you open a message to read and do not wish to read any more, press

escape twice and you are placed back in to the original location were the

search was started. This means if you were in the in-box when starting the

search, pressing escape twice will return you back to the in-box. Pressing

escape once will only return you to the list of messages found in the

search.

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Alt v, then a, then b, then j.

To get back to date, it's alt, v, a, b, d.

I usually first get to subject heading I want to find, then apply the command

since I'm not familiar with using Outlook 2010, how do you search
through a ton of emails by the subject?
I am trying to help a friend.
thru Google, I found alt j, s, b? but I don't think this is right or if
there's something else she's got to do before attempting the search.

Adrian Spratt

Press control-shift-f. the edit field that comes up immediately is the one for subject.

Wait until JAWS verbalizes "Find now," then press F6 to go into the list of relevant messages.

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>

[...]

another way to search;
press the f3 key, type in the search criteria,
now shift+tab a couple times, you should find the messages with the search
criteria you were looking for.

[...]

Cristóbal

I always use the control+E command to bring up the search field and then
paste the copied text I’m looking for. Be it the subject line for a thread,
mailing list header, an individual's email address or a person's signature
line then press enter.
This works for me the best without having to invoke so many keystroke
commands or going through the advanced search function which I also find to
be more tedious when I just want to find messages related to a specific
text.