From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of john.falter via Jfw
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:01 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: john.falter
Subject: JAWS cursor inconsistancy between PC and Jaws whithin MS word.

While trying to proofread a book for BookShare.com, the number of lines
per page looks wrong.
So I used the PC cursor to find font size 12. The Jaws cursor reports
font size 31 on the same character.

---

john.falter

Hi everyone:
Thanks for the helpful remarks.
It turns out that the book in question has densly packed tiny print thus the many lines per page.
The cursor inconsistancy stems from the fact that zoom was set to 200.
My wife agrees.

On 5/19/2015 6:53 PM, Adrian Spratt via Jfw wrote:
John,

I've just replicated the inconsistency in my word 2010. Insert-f reports one size when the PC cursor is on, but another when the JAWS cursor is active. Does it help to say that I know the PC cursor is right? I know because I've confirmed my font settings with people who have vision and care about such things.