From: Adrian Spratt via Jfw
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:15 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Adrian Spratt
Subject: Bank of America website

Hi. This morning I'm unable to access a credit card account at Bank of America. After logging in and clicking on the text version of my latest statement, I get a message to the effect, "We're unable to complete your request at this time." I've had this problem in the past at BofA with IE. After I got that message numerous times, a bank tech support rep determined I could access the account with Firefox. As far as she was concerned, that was sufficient. Since then, I've been able to access the account with IE. However, this morning neither browser works.

Does anyone else have this experience? Any suggestions? Several people here have reported positive online experiences with BofA, but I always find it frustrating.

T. Civitello

Bank America is making changes to their Web site. Hopefully they will have things straightened out soon. Tom

Not quite the same, but the last 2 days, I was unable to print from 2
unrelated, secure financial web sites, one banking and one brokerage.

These were printing tasks I have often done in the past. It said website
error--unable to print.

Stan

Hi. This morning I'm unable to access a credit card account at Bank of
America. After logging in and clicking on the text version of my latest
statement, I get a message to the effect, "We're unable to complete your
request at this time." I've had this problem in the past at BofA with IE.
After I got that message numerous times, a bank tech support rep determined
I could access the account with Firefox. As far as she was concerned, that
was sufficient. Since then, I've been able to access the account with IE.
However, this morning neither browser works.

Does anyone else have this experience? Any suggestions? Several people here
have reported positive online experiences with BofA, but I always find it
frustrating.

Drew Hunthausen

I no longer have an account with BofA, but I also experienced this kind of
thing when I did. There would be certain times when the site just wouldn't
cooperate at all. Support was not able to give me any help, it seemed to
have to do with the day and time I tried to access, was never able to find a
pattern.

Hi. This morning I'm unable to access a credit card account at Bank of
America. After logging in and clicking on the text version of my latest
statement, I get a message to the effect, "We're unable to complete your
request at this time." I've had this problem in the past at BofA with IE.
After I got that message numerous times, a bank tech support rep determined
I could access the account with Firefox. As far as she was concerned, that
was sufficient. Since then, I've been able to access the account with IE.
However, this morning neither browser works.

Does anyone else have this experience? Any suggestions? Several people here
have reported positive online experiences with BofA, but I always find it
frustrating.

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

I don't think it's just bank of America.
This past weekend, I got my utility bill in the email, and I went to
check it, and I got the same message as Adrian described.

I wonder if all these different sites are just making changes preparing for y2k.
:)

On 5/19/15, Drew Hunthausen via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

Maria Campbell

y2k? Again? Smile.
Thank goodness for telephone banking.

On 5/19/2015 12:05 PM, Kimsan Song via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

I went paperless for as many as I could. All these different account
numbers they ask for when doing something simple as checking a
balance, I do not remember.

But, I'm glad that Adrian brought bank of America to the forfront
because with my mortgage, there is this combobox where you mustselect
the type of payment for example, US mail, telephone, etc. I cannot
access the options there. I've done alt down arrow, enter on the
combobox, down arrow, I've tried everything but tandom. lol.

Adrian, sorry for hijacking the thread, but thoughts anyone?

On 5/19/15, Maria Campbell via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I had problems with my brokerage account, and the guy there told me that they always were changing programs. I said that I know that it had something to do with hacking, and that I thought if anyone got caught hacking they should have their eyes removed and fingers cut off, then sent on to live life. He joked and said, "I can tell you're from Texas." That I am, even though I don't live there now.

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

Hi. This morning I'm unable to access a credit card account at Bank of
America. After logging in and clicking on the text version of my latest
statement, I get a message to the effect, "We're unable to complete your
request at this time." I've had this problem in the past at BofA with IE.
After I got that message numerous times, a bank tech support rep determined
I could access the account with Firefox. As far as she was concerned, that
was sufficient. Since then, I've been able to access the account with IE.
However, this morning neither browser works.

Does anyone else have this experience? Any suggestions? Several people here
have reported positive online experiences with BofA, but I always find it
frustrating.

Adrian Spratt

I've just reported my problem by phone to BofA's tech support staff. The woman I spoke to took great care to note the exact nature of my experience. I mentioned that other screenreader users are also having access problems, which she also noted. I'd encourage anyone else having access problems with BofA to do the same. As she mentioned, and as others have noted here, BofA is changing its website, so this may be the ideal time to get everything fixed. I got to tech support via the phone number on my credit card. Their automated voice system seems pretty good at detecting the kind of assistance required.

[...]

Changing websites are not always for the better;however, I can only
hope. It will be 50/50, it will work or not.

Charter is switching from charter.com over to charter.net or is it the
other way around, so let's see how that goes.At least with the tech
dudes I've spoken with at BOfA was terrible.

I don't complain, because I have better things to do like raise my 3
daughters, eat food and sleep lol. Anyways, I just find work-arounds
because no matter how many times I state accessibility to particular
folks, nothing is done after checking back in several months later.
It's akinda to if I want something done right, I will do it myself.

The BOfA site is 99% accessible btw, it's just that stupid combobox
lol. That's another reason why I don't make much of a fuss, as it's
just one thing for me, so why die on that hill.

Adrian made a good point though, let them know.

On 5/19/15, Adrian Spratt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

Charles Coe

Hello,
Why can't you set up a auto pay account with your bank for those creditors
you have to pay on a consistence basis?

Charles

Hi. This morning I'm unable to access a credit card account at Bank
of America. After logging in and clicking on the text version of my
latest statement, I get a message to the effect, "We're unable to
complete your request at this time." I've had this problem in the
past at BofA with IE.
After I got that message numerous times, a bank tech support rep
determined I could access the account with Firefox. As far as she
was concerned, that was sufficient. Since then, I've been able to
access the account with IE.
However, this morning neither browser works.

Does anyone else have this experience? Any suggestions? Several
people here have reported positive online experiences with BofA, but
I always find it frustrating.
scrubbed...
s/201505
19/ef7ae800/attachment.html>

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

Income is an issue there.

I'm real poor...

On 5/19/15, Charles Coe via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

Cristóbal

That and what if you just don’t' want to give auto access to your accounts.
Just settling for autopay isn't a solution or addresses the accessibility
problem.

[...]

I am referring to a bank bill pay service which one can setup the payees,
amounts to be paid, and dates to be paid for each creditors.

I use this service with more than one bank (including a mega bank)and have
not had a accessibility issue. I do not allow any creditor access to any
account for payments.

Charles

[...]

Then why worry about balances?

[...]

Peter.Logan@...

This is straying way off of Jaws ....

Peter Logan
Database Administrator
SpartanNash INC.
Office: 616/878-8309
Mobile: 616/304-9672
E-Mail: peter.logan@spartannash.com

From: Charles Coe via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Charles Coe <charlesmar@comcast.net>
Date: 05/19/2015 03:04 PM
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com>

[...]

hmmm, good question. When my income changes from month to month and
creditors want more than I have, there is no point in scheduling any
automatic payments, and there is what Cristóbal stated where I don't
want auto access to my account.

[...]

Right now, it's charter.net. Why would they bother for com?

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

[...]

I'm sure they have a reason, but that is what I was told.

On 5/19/15, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

For the record, I use another company's bill pay service to pay my BofA credit card bills, but naturally, I need access to BofA's statements to ensure they're correct and that no one has stolen my identity. When it comes to billers, if you get too used to accessibility workarounds, you risk exposing yourself to all kinds of nightmares.