cnn?

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are on other
news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays. It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that, nothing
happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-macdonald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

Mcginnis, Barbara

When I go to this page, I get a message that says it could be you or it could be us but this page cannot be found.

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are on other news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays. It says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that, nothing happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-macdonald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.

________________________________

________________________________

Email correspondence to and from this sender is subject to the N.C. Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

I thought I would just send a random link from cnn.com, but they have
videos everywhere for news items on there, so can you just visit
cnn.com to see if the videos will play?

On 5/18/15, Mcginnis, Barbara via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
When I go to this page, I get a message that says it could be you or it
could be us but this page cannot be found.

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are on other
news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays. It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that, nothing
happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-macdonald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized state official.

________________________________

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health,
legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including
confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is
prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Gary King

Kimsan,
Since the link was split onto 2 lines, I had to copy it and then paste it into my browser, but it did start the video playing after a short wait.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are on other
news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays. It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that, nothing
happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-macdonald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

Thanks for confirming that it worked for you; however, now why cnn
videos do not play for me. I even wait a few and nothing.

All other videos work from other news sites but not cnn.

Thanks.

On 5/18/15, Gary King via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Kimsan,
Since the link was split onto 2 lines, I had to copy it and then paste it
into my browser, but it did start the video playing after a short wait.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net
Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are on
other
news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays.
It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that, nothing
happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-macdonald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@...>

If you haven't done so already, try disabling your pop-up blocker.

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are on
other news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays.
It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that, nothing
happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-macd
onald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

scrubbed...

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

I thought about that after I wrote my last response. I'm running off
of five hours of sleep and here at work, so brain isn't functioning
all that great right now. Let me try right now, since we are talking
about it.
Thanks.

On 5/18/15, Michal Nowicki via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
If you haven't done so already, try disabling your pop-up blocker.

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are on
other news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays.
It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that, nothing
happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-macd
onald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

scrubbed...

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

Ok, did not work by disabling pop up blocker.

On 5/18/15, Kimsan Song <kimsansong@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Check to see if the CNN website has a list of system requirements. If it
does, make sure that your computer has all the necessary software to play
the videos.

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are
on other news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays.
It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that,
nothing happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-ma
cd
onald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

scrubbed...
ts /20150517/f37d8dfc/attachment.html>

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

Watching full episodes on this site requires the following minimum
system requirements:
1. An Adobe Flash Player with version 10.1 or higher.
2. An Internet connection of 3.0Mbps or greater (for HD content).
3. For Windows: An Intel Pentium 4 3GHz processor (or equivalent)
with 128MB RAM/64MB of VRAM.
4. For a Macintosh: An Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor,
256MB of RAM/64MB of VRAM.

To check if you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player,
go to www.adobe.com.

What are the bandwidth requirements to view CNN.com Video?
CNN.com Video requires a high-speed Internet connection for optimal
user experience. Broadband connections should be at least 500 Kbps to
view CNN.com
video . Please note that DSL light and wireless connections may
experience slower loading if bandwidth is unavailable for use. CNN
does not recommend using
dial-up or other low bandwidth connections to access video content.

Do I need Flash player or plug-in installed?
Yes, the Flash plug-in/player needs to be installed to view CNN.com
video on demand. If Flash is not detected on your computer, you will
be prompted to
install Flash. Once installed, you can enjoy viewing our video on
demand archives.

Why do video clips sometimes stop or pause?
The most common cause of a pause or stop is Internet traffic
congestion. There is a limit to the amount of information able to pass
through your Internet
connection, and if you exceed this, the player will "buffer" the data
until it can pass. If this problem persists, try closing the player,
and then re-launch
it from any video link on CNN.com.

help/video
What determines my video quality?
CNN uses technology designed to actively adjust the video stream in
an effort to provide you with the best video quality your connection
speed and computer
can support at a given moment. You may notice that video starts at a
lower quality and often improves after 5 to 15 seconds, depending upon
your connection.

What about firewalls?
Some corporate networks and Internet Service Providers block video
transmissions by use of a Firewall. If you cannot see video clips
(even though your
system meets the system requirements noted above), you may want to
contact your Internet Service Provider or network administrator to see
whether a security
firewall is blocking video transmission.

My audio is of poor quality or unavailable. How can I fix this?
Poor audio can result from multiple sources. Internet traffic
congestion is the most common cause of pauses or stops, though high
CPU usage on your computer
or low speed connections can also result in similar issues. If the
audio problem appears to be a result of Internet traffic congestion,
try closing the
player, and then re-launch it from any video link on CNN.com. If high
CPU usage is causing interruptions to audio, try closing any programs
that you are
not using and re-launching the player. Finally, check to ensure that
your connection is fast enough to support CNN Video by
reviewing our Bandwidth Requirements.

Receiving no audio transmission is generally an indicator that your
speakers or system volume have been muted. Make sure that your audio
is enabled.

I can open the player, but cannot see any video.
Your Internet Service Provider could be experiencing problems with
its servers. If you cannot view other pages on the Internet, and if
the problem persists,
you should contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance.

If you only have the problem on CNN videos, try the following steps:

Make sure you uninstall any older versions of Flash prior to
installing a new version. Click
here
to uninstall flash and install the latest version of Flash player
here.

If updating your flash player does not work, we have found that other
video issue can be resolved by going to the
Flash Player Settings Manager
and checking "Allow third party flash content to store data on your
computer" under Global Storage Settings before refreshing your
browser.

Users who have hardware acceleration enabled within Flash player or
their browser may also experience issues with video. To disable this
feature, follow
the corresponding instructions according to whichever browser you
frequently use.

• Firefox: click on "Tools", go to "Options" and click on "Advanced."
Open the "General" tab and under "Browsing" uncheck "use hardware
acceleration when
available."
• Internet Explorer: Click on "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and
click on the "Advanced" tab. Check "use software rendering instead of
GPU rendering."
• Flash Player: Go to http://www.cnn.com/video, right click on the
CNN video player and select "Settings." Click on the first tab
"Display" and uncheck
"enable hardware acceleration."

If this does not resolve your issue, please log a technical support
request through our
feedback
form.

How do I enlarge the player to full screen mode?
To enable full screen mode, click on tool icon with the two
directional arrows in the video menu.

CONTENT:

Why do the videos contain commercials?
By running commercials in the video, CNN.com is able to offer the
consistently high quality and quantity of online video programming at
no cost to our
users.

[...]

Did you follow all these tips?

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are
on other news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video
plays.
It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that,
nothing happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-m
cd
onald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

scrubbed...
n ts /20150517/f37d8dfc/attachment.html>

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

I am right now. I had to go out for a smoke break real quick.

On 5/18/15, Michal Nowicki via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Did you follow all these tips?

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are
on other news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video
plays.
It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that,
nothing happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-m
cd
onald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

scrubbed...
n ts /20150517/f37d8dfc/attachment.html>

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

How do you disable pop up blocker?

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

Does anyone visit or read stuff from cnn.com?

It seems as this site is notorious for videos.

How come videos are not playing when I click on them, but they are on
other news sites.

Someone try this video from cnn.com and please report if a video plays.
It
says click here to watch this video; however, when I do that, nothing
happens.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/05/16/pkg-orig-norm-macd
onald-b
reaks-down-letterman.cnn#

scrubbed...

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>

It's under the tools menu in ie.
alt t plus p will get you in the dialog.