How can I find Add/Remove Programs in the Windows 7 Control Panel?

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi,

How do I find the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel in Windows 7?

I get to the Control Panel OK, but then I'm stumped.

There's a Programs and Features link, but JAWS stops reading in the following Window after announcing the first program.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm stumped.

Thanks, Keith

Soronel Haetir

I just type "add re" in the search box and it pops up after a couple seconds

On 5/17/15, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi,

How do I find the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel in Windows 7?

I get to the Control Panel OK, but then I'm stumped.

There's a Programs and Features link, but JAWS stops reading in the
following Window after announcing the first program.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm stumped.

Thanks, Keith
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Maria Campbell

Just type add or remove in your search box and they will be in the results.

On 5/17/2015 5:55 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Jfw wrote:
Hi,

How do I find the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel in Windows 7?

I get to the Control Panel OK, but then I'm stumped.

There's a Programs and Features link, but JAWS stops reading in the following Window after announcing the first program.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm stumped.

Thanks, Keith

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Well, now, I guess that's why I was embarrassed! Thanks. Keith

I just type "add re" in the search box and it pops up after a couple seconds

On 5/17/15, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi,

How do I find the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel in Windows 7?

I get to the Control Panel OK, but then I'm stumped.

There's a Programs and Features link, but JAWS stops reading in the
following Window after announcing the first program.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm stumped.

Thanks, Keith

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Brad Martin

Technically, Add/Remove Programs is now called Programs & Features. This change first occurred in the incredibly annoying Windows Vista, which is when my friends and I started referring to it as Glitches and Bugs.

Keep in mind that when you open Programs & Features, there's a bit of a delay while the list is populating, especially on an older or slower computer. So sometimes allowing a few seconds before trying to arrow through the list is advisable.

Having said that, searching for Add or Remove Programs will yield the same Programs & Features Control Panel. Just know that it's not called that any more.

Brad

On 5/17/2015 4:55 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Jfw wrote:
Hi,

How do I find the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel in Windows 7?

I get to the Control Panel OK, but then I'm stumped.

There's a Programs and Features link, but JAWS stops reading in the following Window after announcing the first program.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm stumped.

Thanks, Keith
Brad Martin

Tom Behler

Keith:

Please don't feel embarrassed!

I'm sure some of the questions I've been asking on here lately have been at
least as elementary!

I simply get to add/remove programs by typing add/remove programs into the
windows 7 search box and hitting enter.

Like you, I've also never been able to find it in the control panel itself.

Dr. Tom Behler

How do I find the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel in Windows 7?

I get to the Control Panel OK, but then I'm stumped.

There's a Programs and Features link, but JAWS stops reading in the
following Window after announcing the first program.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm stumped.

Thanks, Keith

Adrian Spratt

It was a reasonable question. With XP, users had to go to the control panel for add/remove. Setting aside Vista, which I spared myself, Win7's search field enables users to get inside areas without going through an entire hierarchy. Add/remove is a perfect example. From a recent thread, HJ Pad is another, since it's a tiny application inside JAWS. In this way, Win7's search field is a boon.