Window7 desktop typing character echo !!

O.Addison Gethers

Hello All,
I need some help to get jaws 15 setting in typing character echo if that what it's calll I think!! I'm talking about in internet explorer,firefox,word document,messenger and e-mail where I type letter for example if I type H e l l o then when I press spacebar it's say hello Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?

O. Addison Gethers

oag1rotttie@hotmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Unless it's different than with JAWS 13 and the other versions I've had, for a permanent change to your screen echo, go to Insert V for JAWS Verbosity. You'll have to arrow through a lot of other options, but when you find it, there will be four choices - character; word; character and word; and no echo. While in a document, hit Insert 2 on the number keys above qwerty. It will give you the same choices.

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

I need some help to get jaws 15 setting in typing character echo if that what it's calll I think!! I'm talking about in internet explorer,firefox,word document,messenger and e-mail where I type letter for example if I type H e l l o then when I press spacebar it's say hello Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?

O. Addison Gethers

oag1rotttie@hotmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Carolyn
Thanks ,I thought I suppose to it from Jaws window because FS technical support man told me to press insert +j to jaws window and I can't remember others step where he told me to press spacebar to check the box last week ago when I got computer back after having window7 install !! So I had to download jaws update on wednesday morning while I had fs technical support man on the phone after the download finish the man told me to press enter on restart the computer then jaws never came back on so he can continue help me finish to show me how to get type character echo in internet,e-mail and etc !! So we waited for 10 minute to see if jaws will come on so I call my mom to ask her if she see anything on the window screen she told me it's say start window so therefore that's mean the programs starter I think ,but it will not open jaws and others program so I will have to call the computer man to straight the problem out ,computer man came monday to fix start window he told me the computer is updating the programs and etc. Well he have to take window7 to his shop this morning so I'm using window xp while he is repairing the computer and it's on warranty!!

O. Addison Gethers

oag1rotttie@hotmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

> I need some help to get jaws 15 setting in typing character echo if that
> what it's calll I think!! I'm talking about in internet
> explorer,firefox,word document,messenger and e-mail where I type letter
> for example if I type H e l l o then when I press spacebar it's say hello
> Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?
>
> O. Addison Gethers
>
> oag1rotttie@hotmail.com
>
> Facebook
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I'm using XP now for the next few months, so hope the instructions I gave you work.

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

> I need some help to get jaws 15 setting in typing character echo if
that
> what it's calll I think!! I'm talking about in internet
> explorer,firefox,word document,messenger and e-mail where I type
letter
> for example if I type H e l l o then when I press spacebar it's say
hello
> Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?
>
> O. Addison Gethers
>
> oag1rotttie@hotmail.com
>
> Facebook
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Settings center also does it. It's the second option under User.

Ted

I need some help to get jaws 15 setting in typing character echo if that
what it's calll I think!! I'm talking about in internet
explorer,firefox,word document,messenger and e-mail where I type letter
for example if I type H e l l o then when I press spacebar it's say hello
Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?

O. Addison Gethers

oag1rotttie@hotmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

Mcginnis, Barbara

Insert 2 does not make it permanent.

Settings center also does it. It's the second option under User.

Ted

I need some help to get jaws 15 setting in typing character echo if
that what it's calll I think!! I'm talking about in internet
explorer,firefox,word document,messenger and e-mail where I type
letter for example if I type H e l l o then when I press spacebar it's
say hello Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?

O. Addison Gethers

oag1rotttie@hotmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com
scrubbed...

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.

________________________________

________________________________

Email correspondence to and from this sender is subject to the N.C. Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

O.Addison Gethers

If insert +v is not the way then what is the jaws setting way to get type echo character ?

O. Addison Gethers

oag1rotttie@hotmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.

________________________________

Maria Campbell

It is insert v under general options. Press the space bar to select what you want then enter.

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.

________________________________

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Insert V is just one way to do it.

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.

________________________________

Mcginnis, Barbara

Someone in this thread suggested Insert and the number 2 on the number road. That will change typing echo temporarily not permanently. Insert V is one of the permanent ways of setting the echo.

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.

________________________________

scrubbed...

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

________________________________

Email correspondence to and from this sender is subject to the N.C. Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

First time I've heard a settings center change not being permanent; it's always worked for me. Ins-V may not be, depending upon the setting.

Ted

[...]

Insert V is permanent, butInsert 2 lasts only while you are working in the current program. Of course, you can go into JAWS, but why all that when Insert V (verbosity) is so easy?

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

[...]

Adrian Spratt

Ted,

You're thinking of insert-F2. I had to go through a similar process in my mind when I read Barbara's post. She's correct.

Perhaps our confusion comes from the two related commands: insert-F2 gets you into all the JAWS managers, while insert-6 specifically brings up the settings center.

[...]

Hi Carolyn and others,
Here is another way of doing it,where Kim from FS technical support give me the step instruction til wwindow7 come back from repair shop !!
Please do the following steps to set Typing Echo to announce Characters and Words as you type.

1. Press Insert J to open the JAWS window.

2. Press Alt U to open Utilities.

3. Press the Down Arrow until you find Settings Center. Press Enter on it.

4. Start typing the word typing.

5. Press the Down arrow until you find Typing Echo.

6. Press the Space Bar until you hear JAWS say Characters and Words.

7. Press Tab until you find the OK Button. Press Enter on it.

As you type, now JAWS will announce the characters and when you press the Space bar, JAWS will announce the word you just typed.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

O. Addison Gethers

oag1rotttie@hotmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

> First time I've heard a settings center change not being permanent; it's
> always worked for me. Ins-V may not be, depending upon the setting.
>
> Ted

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

This went right past me the first time I read it; I don't think I ever used Ins-2. I almost always use Settings Center.

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.

________________________________

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Yes, that finally hit me early this morning; Grandpa was slow, but he was old.

[...]

What I forgot to say is that it was the 2 on the number row.

[...]

Michael B. <mb69mach1@...>

When using the, Insert + 2 on the number row, keystroke to change your
typing echo settings, it will only be temporary, affecting only the
application you're currently running. For example, if you change your
typeing echo settings while in Notepad, once you exit Notepad your typing
echo settings will revert back to your default settings / Setting Center
settings.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iGoDodgersBarstool.