From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Jean Menzies via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 4:09 PM
To: Jaws list
Cc: Jean Menzies
Subject: Retriving Authorization code

Is it possible to retrieve my authorization code from Jaws itself? I thought I had it written down, but somehow it’s not where I thought I had it recorded. About under the Help menu only shows serial number, etc.

Jean

Michael Mote

You can retrieve the Authorization code, if you go through the authorization process. That is, if you have already authorized JAWS. Normally, the code will display. If it were me, I would copy and paste it from there, and save it somewhere.

I don't think you can retrieve it from JAWS itself, but you can always get it from FS.

Is it possible to retrieve my authorization code from Jaws itself? I thought I had it written down, but somehow it’s not where I thought I had it recorded. About under the Help menu only shows serial number, etc.

Jean

Mcginnis, Barbara

I just checked, the JAWS authorization key number is not displayed. There is the serial number and then there is a locking code, which is the code you are given once you enter the authorization number as you install JAWS.

You can retrieve the Authorization code, if you go through the authorization process. That is, if you have already authorized JAWS. Normally, the code will display. If it were me, I would copy and paste it from there, and save it somewhere.

I don't think you can retrieve it from JAWS itself, but you can always get it from FS.

Is it possible to retrieve my authorization code from Jaws itself? I thought I had it written down, but somehow it’s not where I thought I had it recorded. About under the Help menu only shows serial number, etc.

Jean

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.

________________________________

________________________________

Email correspondence to and from this sender is subject to the N.C. Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Dave...

Barbara,

I think Mike is correct. It will not be in the JAWS/Help/About dialog, which
is what I think you're describing. It will be in the dialog during the
authorization process. You can start this from JAWS/Help/Update
Authorization and moving through a couple dialogs.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Musician, and pioneer

I just checked, the JAWS authorization key number is not displayed. There
is the serial number and then there is a locking code, which is the code you
are given once you enter the authorization number as you install JAWS.

I don't think you can retrieve it from JAWS itself, but you can always get
it from FS.

Is it possible to retrieve my authorization code from Jaws itself? I thought
I had it written down, but somehow it’s not where I thought I had it
recorded. About under the Help menu only shows serial number, etc.

Jean

________________________________

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized state official.

________________________________

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health,
legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including
confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is
prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Adrian Spratt

FS distributed an authorization disc with an earlier version of JAWS. I wonder if they'd be willing to send them on request. The disc's sleeve had a braille label with my authorization code on it.

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Adrian. No. FS won't send another authorization disk. The only thing they will do is dictate the authorization code and have you write it down, either on your computer, or by some other means. If it's on your computer, it won't help if the computer crashes.

My comments about FS and the authorization disk comes from my experience with them.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

[...]

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11633 (20150515) __________

http://www.eset.com

Mcginnis, Barbara

You are right Dave, you just said it better than I did. I have the responsibility of a 45 site license and I have each authorization number saved on a spreadsheet.

[...]

If I remember correctly, you have to pay for those. If you contact technical support, and give them your serial number, they are pretty good about providing you with your Authorization number. They can email it to you, so you can have it for future reference.

[...]

Angel

If you phone Freedom Scientific, they will provide to you your authorization number. That is what I did. When I got a lap top. Then I stored it on a thumb drive. For use if I should I need it.

[...]

Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...>

Yes, I got it. Thanks.

You can retrieve the Authorization code, if you go through the authorization process. That is, if you have already authorized JAWS. Normally, the code will display. If it were me, I would copy and paste it from there, and save it somewhere.

I don't think you can retrieve it from JAWS itself, but you can always get it from FS.

Is it possible to retrieve my authorization code from Jaws itself? I thought I had it written down, but somehow it’s not where I thought I had it recorded. About under the Help menu only shows serial number, etc.

Jean

Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...>

I got it from my dealer, who looked it up for me. It's written down again. Had accidentally deleted it from my notes.