can you repeet this bug?

Robert Logue

Go to this page and do a jaws search for bug. It finds the first couple ocurences then goes to sleep and the third search with jawskey+f3. I could duplicate this every time.

BTW: I'm on that page trying to find out why I get unusual errors using Jarte that the programmer can't reproduce.

Bob
JAWS Version 16.0.2342 Windows 7 64 professional

Nermin

Hi,

and the address of the page is?

Regards,
Nermin

Robert Logue

Well. I goofed and forgot to provide the link to the page that causes problems with Jaws. Also, I only had the problem in FireFox. . No problem with Jaws and this page with internet Explorer.

I just installed 2 optional Windows 7 updates. One concerns information from one window showing up in another Window. Does that sound like it might effect Jaws?
The other was my video driver. Both updates could effect Jaws so I tried this page again and got the same results.
Step 1: Go to the following page with FireFox.
http://rsload.net/soft/document/15226-jarte.html

2: Do a Jaws search for the word bug.

3: Repeat the search after the first occurrence of the word is found.

4: Jaws stops responding after 2 or 3 searches for the next instance with jawskey+f3.
Jaws speech history follows:
JAWS Find dialog
Find what: edit combo
bug
Alt+w
Bug Fixes: clickable
A bug in the WordPad word processing engine for Windows 7 and below could cause bad behavior in documents where a hyperlink appeared at the very beginning
clickable
Bug Fixes: clickable

Jaws gets stuck at this point or at the next instance .

5: Sometimes Jaws does not automatically recover.

6: Sometimes Jaws won't restart with jawskey+windows+f4.

7: One time, Jaws was removed from the tab order of running applications. I could tell by loading another screen reader.

8: Jaws would not start again in one session after unloading NVDA, (the other screen reader).
JAWS Version 16.0.2342, Windows 7 pro 64, FireFox 37.0.2
update 38.0.1 just now.

BTW: Jaws still does not read the read only edit boxes in the Firefox about dialog, even after I made the mods to the settings file suggested by other listers. Lots of other Mozilla dialogs are not read properly with Jaws. All these updates and no change.

Bob

On 5/14/2015 2:37 PM, Robert Logue wrote:
Go to this page and do a jaws search for bug. It finds the first couple ocurences then goes to sleep and the third search with jawskey+f3. I could duplicate this every time.

BTW: I'm on that page trying to find out why I get unusual errors using Jarte that the programmer can't reproduce.

Bob
JAWS Version 16.0.2342 Windows 7 64 professional

Kimber Gardner

If you haven't already, you should submit this issue to FS, especially
since you can repeat the problem.

On 5/15/15, Robert Logue via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
[...]

Kimberly

Robert Logue

I did submit the whole thread. They are probably a bit miffed at me for my mistakes.

Bob